I have Canon IR-C5185i. Just assembled out of the box. Powered on. Message displays with error E0000732-8888 and I am instructed to ''turn switch off and on''. What could be wrong?
When this machine was started after connecting the Color Image Reader-E1/F1, the screen for the shutdown sequence appeared (and E732-9999 was recorded as an error history in service mode). When the main power switch was turned OFF/ON by following the instruction on the screen, the error code "E732-8888" was displayed. When connecting the Color Image Reader-E1/F1, follow the field remedy below.
- E732-9999 is recorded when a printer model detects a scanner for the first time. (This is not an error code but an alert.)
- E732-8888 can be displayed when a different scanner is connected to this machine.
1. Connect the Color Image Reader to this machine. (Do not connect the DDI cable).
2. Turn ON the main power switch.
3. Change the setting values of the following service mode items.
- Service mode > COPIER > Option > BODY > W/SCNR: from '0' to '1'.
- Service mode > COPIER > Option > BODY > SCANTYPE: from '1' to '0'.
Reference: For the Color Image Reader-E1/F1, this mode has to be set to '0'. On the other hand, it has to be set to '1' for the Duplex Color Image Reader-G1.
- Color Image Reader-E1: Platen cover model
- Duplex Color Image Reader-F1: Two-sided reversal reading type ADF model (DADF-M1)
- Duplex Color Image Reader-G1: Two-sided simultaneous reading type ADF model (DADF-T1: only for the iRC5180)
4. Turn OFF the main power switch, and connect the DDI cable.
5. Turn the main power switch ON.
Note: How to turn OFF the main power switch.
When turning off the main power switch, be sure to follow the steps below to protect the HDD inside this machine.
1. Hold down the control panel switch for 3 sec or more.
2. Following the instruction displayed on the shutdown screen, operate the control panel. (The main power switch is turned OFF automatically.)
3. If there is a need to unplug the power cord (from the wall outlet), perform step1 and 2 above before unplugging it.
Nov 17, 2009 |
Canon Office Equipment & Supplies