Question about Craftsman Garden
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Yes there is a spin on oil filter. Depending on the date code when the motor was built there are two possibilities. The easiest way is to measure the length of the filter, If the filter is 2 1/4" long the Part Number is 492932.
If the filter is 3 1/4" long, the Part Number is 491056.
Posted on May 25, 2009
1) check plug for being carbon fouled or fuel fouled. Even though it fires, it may not be firing correctly
2) make sure you have compression 75-100 psi. since the compression release so you can pull the rope works off of the exhaust valve, you may not get anymore than that.
3) Is there water or debris in the float bowl
Fuel Starvation - Float Bowl Carburetor
1) remove air filter assembly
*be cautious of tearing the mounting gasket. If it does tear, you HAVE to replace it. It is part of the priming system
2) remove the float bowl fastener. This is the main jet
3) carefully remove the float bowl, the rubber o-ring/gasket will not be able to be used if it is removed, you WILL have to replace it
4) using a spray 'carb cleaner'
spray up thru the center of the carburetor
spray and clean the main jet with cleaner and 'tag' wire
(tag wire is very thin, and can be used to clean the hole in the center of the main jet)
5) clean any debris from inside the bowl or carb body
6) re-install bowl and center bolt, air filter assembly
*if you need gaskets, your local lawn & garden dealer can supply. The kit is cheaper than individual gaskets, and all the parts needed to finish the above repair are in the kit.
Posted on Nov 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 25, 2014 | Craftsman 20 hp 42 in. Deck Lawn Tractor -...
Jul 19, 2014 | Briggs & Stratton Briggs Stratton Intek V...
Sep 20, 2012 | Craftsman 42" Briggs Stratton 20 hp Gas...
Aug 28, 2012 | Craftsman 17.5 hp 42 in. Deck Lawn Tractor...
Feb 12, 2011 | Craftsman YT 4000 42" Briggs Stratton 24...
Aug 11, 2009 | Briggs & Stratton Briggs Stratton Intek V...
Jun 30, 2009 | Craftsman 17.5 hp 42 in. Deck Lawn Tractor...
Mar 24, 2009 | Craftsman 17.5 hp 42 in. Deck Lawn Tractor...
45 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: