Question about Epson Stylus Office Equipment & Supplies
The epson r380 won't install on my new iMac. It will only run on my PPC. Is there a way to install this printer on a intel base iMac?
You will need to go to epson site try here Epson Stylus Photo R380 Ink Jet Printer at the drop down window next to Operating System: pick you operatind system then download
Posted on Apr 23, 2014
Testimonial: "My printer is working fine now. Thank you so much for your help, expertise and quick response."
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I had the same problem, was tired of Spending $100 / refill - so I tried a set of Generics that were "Guaranteed" to work - well - they didn't. Apparently Epson changes the programming on the ROM on the actual ink cartridge - and if you buy an older generic cartridge it will not work if you have a newer printer - as the ROM coding is incorrect.
I do however, have a solution - that I found works. Continuous Ink Systems. I went to Super Jet USA (www.superjetusa.com) - and purchased their continuous ink system. I think it was 60 bux and it comes with 100ml of ink in each color + 18 ml in each continuous cartridge (so 118ml in total for each color) (Regular cartridges only have 18 ml). So the equivelant of just over 6 refills... Normally - 6 sets of Epson (rip off super high price make someone rich) cartridges would cost me roughly $720.00 with taxes and what not.
This system Cost me 60 bux + shipping.
Now I am not a mathamatician, a numerologist, or anyone who things long division is fun (thats just sick) - but I dont think it takes a genius to see this is one TERRIFIC deal.
And yes - The system works PERFECTLY in my Epson R380 Printer - first try - no fuss - no muss - Extremely happy I tried this solution
NOTE: I do not work for, or am in any association with Superjetusa - I just think when you find a company that is good to deal with, delivers what they promise, and gives you a good price - then you should tell the world.
Posted on Feb 05, 2008
I managed to solve this problem by, probably, doing what I should've done in the first place: Deleting the printer from the print queue and starting again from scratch.
I read the following instructions from a message from Epson and it pointed me in the right direction. It sounds obvious now, but when you think you've tried everything and you've started to pull your hair out, you can overlook what is staring you in the face.
Message from Epson:
If your output is faint or if the driver settings and/or features are
missing, your system may have automatically added the printer using the
Gutenprint driver. Many Epson drivers are provided with Leopard but the
driver for your printer needs to be downloaded from the Epson website.
Determine Which Driver is Currently Being Used
1. Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the Finder and open
2. In the System Preferences window, click on Print & Fax.
3. In the list of printers on the left side of the Print & Fax window,
click once on your Epson printer to select it.
4. Check the name of the driver being used; it is displayed in the center
of the Print & Fax window next to “Kind”.
5. If the driver name displayed next to “Kind” is Gutenprint, the incorrect
driver is being used. Follow the steps in the next section to select the
Selecting the Correct Driver
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Delete the print queue and remove the printer from Print & Fax by
clicking on the minus button under the list of printers. Click OK to
confirm the removal.
3. Go to the Epson support website (www.epson.com/support).
4. Select your product model and download the driver for OS X 10.5 Leopard
5. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions
to install the printer driver.
6. Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the Finder and open
The message ended there.
If anyone out there is having a similar problem to me, then I hope this thread helps.
All the best. logan
Posted on Mar 03, 2008
mac book pro has a usb cable right? you can actually use it to connect to the r2400 and then dont use a guten driver use the downloadable driver for r2400 for leopard instead
Macintosh OS X 10.5 drivers for your product are available for download from the Epson support site.
1. Go to the Epson support website (www.epson.com/support).
2. Select your product model and download the driver for OS X 10.5 Leopard operating system.
Note: Be sure to select the appropriate driver compatible with your system: PowerPC or Intel Intel based.
Posted on May 15, 2008
While you may have installed it, the generic driver may be selected. Here are all the steps to get you back up.
To remove any previous Epson printer driver files and get a good working install of the latest download for the Intel Duo Core, do the following:
1. Double click on the MAC HARD DRIVE.
2. Double click on the LIBRARY folder.
3. Double click on the PRINTERS folder.
4. Drag the EPSON folder to the trash can.
5. Close any open windows.
6. Double click on the MAC HARD DRIVE.
7. Double click on the LIBRARY folder.
8. Double click on the RECEIPTS folder.
9. Delete any "Epson" receipts. Close back to desktop.
10. Open the OS X "Printer Setup Utility".
11. Select the "Printer Setup Utility" menu at the top of your screen and click "Reset Printing System...". Confirm resetting.
12. Close all open windows and restart your computer.
If you have not done so already, use the following steps to obtain the download for the new Intel Duo Core driver:
1. Go to http://support.epson.com
2. Select Printers then Inkjet then your printer model.
3. Under "Drivers and Downloads" select Macintosh.
4. Download only the driver marked for the Intel Duo Core system.
Printer Driver v3.0aAs
Intel-based Macs with OS X (v10.4.4 or later)
epson11769.dmg - 12.4MB - posted on 02/06/06
1. Double-click on the "epson11769.dmg" file and follow prompts to create an "epson11769_r1800_printer_driver_30aas" disk image on your desktop.
2. Open the disk image. Double-click the "SPR1800Series 30a" installer icon to begin the installation.
3. Follow prompts to complete installation. Restart Mac once the install is complete.
Do the following to add the printer once the new downloadable Intel Duo Core driver has been downloaded and installed properly:
1. Connect printer.
2. Open Printer Setup Utility.
3. Click ADD.
4. Ensure you are on the Default Browser window.
5. Highlight printer as it appears under Printer Name.
6. For "Print Using" select "Epson Stylus R1800" if this automatically appears on the list. If this does not appear, select OTHER (not "Epson" - which links you to GIMP drivers, which we don't recommend or support). NOTE: if you are using a firewire connection, the printer name may appear as a letter only - ie "E" for "Epson". This is normal.
7. A new window opens where you can Browse to the hard drive location of:
HD > Library > Printers > Epson > Inkjet Printers
(This location contains all the Intel Duo Core Epson driver plugins, be they resident or downloaded.)
8. Highlight/Select the plugin for your printer model in the Inkjet Printers folder, then click OPEN.
9. Use the up/down arrows at the end of "Print Using" again to (re)select the printer's name, which will now appear at the TOP of the "Print Using" list.
10. Click ADD. The new downloaded driver will now be added on the list.
11. If there are other printers on the list, ensure the Epson is made default before testing.
When you are working with a printer model which supports borderless and/or roll paper printing options, you will be able to select these options in the program you are printing from as you set up your print job.
1. Once you have an image or file open, go to File > Page Setup.
2. For "Format For" select the Epson printer name (rather than "Any Printer").
3. Select the appropriate Paper Size. If your printer supports different layout features, each paper size will have several different options. For example, the 4x6 paper size will have an arrow pointing right which offers choices of 4x6 Borderless, 4x6 Standard-Minimize Margins, etc. Pick the paper type plus layout/margin option you want to use here.
4. Click OK on Page Setup. You are now ready to print.
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 24, 2011 | Apple Computers & Internet
Dec 28, 2010 | Apple iMac 17 inch 183GHz Core Duo Logic...
Dec 17, 2010 | Apple iMac 17 inch 183GHz Core Duo Logic...
Jul 25, 2010 | Epson Stylus R380 InkJet Photo Printer
Jun 14, 2009 | Epson Stylus R380 InkJet Photo Printer
May 05, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 18, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo R380 InkJet Printer
Feb 18, 2009 | Epson Stylus R380 InkJet Photo Printer
Jan 16, 2018 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
76 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!