Question about Computers & Internet
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: wi-fi connection
Looked at the specs on your laptop and you have the wireless card included. I assume you have a router set up already or you have access to another wireless network. Follow these steps to access it from your laptop:
1. Go to START
2. select MY COMPUTER
3. Once in the new window, click MY NETWORK PLACES under the "OTHER PLACES" section
4. select the VIEW NETWORK CONNECTIONS link under the NETWORK TASKS section
5. RIGHT CLICK on your wireless network connection and choose PROPERTIES
6. click the WIRELESS NETWORKS tab.
7. make sure the "USER WINDOWS TO CONFIGURE MY WIRELESS NETWORK SETTINGS" box is checked
8. Click OK and close the window
9. RIGHT CLICK on your wireless network connection (the name of it) and choose REPAIR
10. if windows detects the wireless connection, you should see a bubble near the task bar
11. in order to begin using the wireless connection, open your web browser then enter your username and password (if required)
Posted on Dec 01, 2008
Hp comes with a wi-fi utility and I dont find it very useful, so first, you might want to uninstall the software from add or remove programs and then use windows to manage your wi-fi.
Once you connect to a wireless network from 'network connections', it will automatically be set to default and should connect at the computer startup.
If it does not connect automatically.go to 'change order of prefered networks' and put your prefered network on top and set to automatically.
Posted on Dec 29, 2008
Hi this sounds like your computer is in hibernation mode as opposed to shut down mode. Could you check and see as if running Vista many people assume that clicking on the brown power type selection under start that they are shutting down where as this actually only hibernation mode and clicking on the little arrow to the right of this and selecting shutdown is the way to go.
I hope this helps
Posted on Apr 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 21, 2014 | Apple iPad Tablets & eReaders
Sep 16, 2014 | Arris Sb6141 Surfboard Cable Modem Sb 6141...
Jun 26, 2014 | Gateway SX2855 Intel Dual Core G620 4GB...
May 25, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Mar 14, 2012 | Gateway Computers & Internet
Sep 23, 2011 | Android Apps
Dec 31, 2010 | Arris SURFboard Gateway SBG6580 DOCSIS 3.0...
Mar 21, 2010 | Gateway MX6920 Notebook
Dec 06, 2008 | Gateway MX6438 Notebook
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: