Question about Televison & Video
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: "timer"flashing green light
should check then capastors on the dm board. they are on a board in a silver case on the left side of the set when looking from the rear. the capstors should have 16v @ 1000u wrote on the side of them and are about 1 inch tall size of a dime round. Dont do anything without unpluging the tv frist from power. Just to let you know I have posted this before.You can use 25v/1000u if you cant find the 16v/1000u. You can higher in voltage and be ok but donot go less than 16v rateing. this is what i would check out frist.
Posted on Jan 02, 2010
Power supply needs to be first checked:
I see so many here with no sound/nopicture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signsof damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down theproblem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the genericones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don'tput a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses astandby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined andsome not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on thepower/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--Iattach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flatand have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating(saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have to buyand try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over.If set is opened at least look for puffed up and bad caps like in thisphoto.
Posted on Jun 11, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 06, 2015 | Panasonic Televison & Video
Feb 11, 2014 | TCL L40FHDM12 40 Inch 1080p LCD HDTV
Jun 26, 2012 | TCL Televison & Video
Dec 13, 2010 | LG DU-42PX12XC 42 in. Plasma HDTV
Dec 13, 2009 | Mitsubishi WD-52525 52" Rear Projection...
Jul 27, 2008 | Mitsubishi WS-55513 55" Rear Projection...
Dec 19, 2007 | Mitsubishi WD-62525 62" Rear Projection...
15 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!