Question about Competition INTERFIRE BIG BOY 2CH AMPLIFIER IFB2340B Car Audio Amplifier

Open Question

I have an Interfire IB2600c amp,smells burnt?

Where can I find some internal circuit board components for this amp?
If burnt, how can I fix it?

Posted by on

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

3 Answers

My LG washer stopped mid-load at spin cycle, how can I fix this?


It sounds like a serious fault if there is no power the fuse has gone or some item has burnt out . You will have to arrange for a service engineer to look at it more closely.

Apr 28, 2015 | LG WM-2277HW Front Load Washer

1 Answer

I have a 2000 eclipse gs, I wired up an aftermarket jvc stereo system, even added amp and subs, it drives fine and has given me no problems for months...than suddenly the radio started randomly shutting...


I'll give you the correct answer, but I know you're not going to want to hear it.
Every step you did, following discovery of the first blown fuse, was the wrong thing to do, and made a simple short in wiring (or internal short in the radio or amp) now a major electrical issue.
When a fuse blows, that is telling you that there is a short somewhere "upstream" of that fuse. With the burnt wiring or burnt electronics smell, that typically is due to using a fuse (or wiring circuit) that has far greater amp rating than the gauge of wiring or devices that are connected to that fuse/circuit. Once you smell anything burnt, the simple short has now spread and increased in electrical damage.

You basically forced the electrical system to do far more damage by disconnecting the battery, replacing the under hood fuse, and forcing current/electricity to a shorted out wiring circuit or shorted component (radio or amp). People always make the fatal mistake of disregarding what a fuse is intended for, and what it should tell you, and they try to force faulty/damaged wiring or equipment to work by repeatedly shoving new fuses back in (frequently with higher amp rating). This makes what started as a simple problem, much much worse.

Now, your first step in repair/recovery is to completely remove the amp and radio, inspect each thoroughly (and smell each for burnt smell), but more importantly examine every inch of EVERY wire that leads to these 2 units all the way from the underhood fuse box to the components themselves (not easy, as you know). I suspect there may be a loom of wires that now has a major short with burnt/melted insulation.

Nov 03, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Pioneer 521 receiver shut off during a movie and then smelled like something burnt, now the receiver will turn on but turns off right away


Burnt smell means a mother board/circuit failure somewhere in the box. There is no owner fix for this. If you open it up you will probably see the charred solder. Back to the dealer

Mar 08, 2014 | Pioneer Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Funai magnavox model#37md359b-7 when turned on for amp fuse blows on circuit board


Could be 100 things. Do you see any burnt components or burnt spots on the board? Probably no way for you to fix this unless you have the electronics repair skills unless you visually spot a short on the board like a loose screw that ended up laying on a couple of components etc.

Feb 18, 2013 | Funai Magnavox 19" Class 720p 60hz LED TV...

1 Answer

No power light even though its connected to power outlet


Based on the limited info, it sounds like your receiver has a blown fuse, or other damaged component in the power circuit. Try unplugging the receiver from power, and let it sit overnight to be safe before opening it up. Look for any glass fuses, and test for its rated value. This could be a easy fix. Also look for signs of damage on the circuit board, such as burnt or charred components, or funny smell of burnt electrical components.
If this is above your skill level, seek a qualified repair shop. Most shops can diagnose in about 30 mins.

Good luck!

Bruce

Mar 31, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I've opened the back of the amp case and see no visual problems or obviously burned components, there are no burnt smells and I really just need this exact amp working again as I have a custom rack and...


follow the power circuit on the board if it is burnt up u will see solder a wire from where it is burnt up it will work as a jumper understand? if it is not burnt u have a connection problem

Feb 13, 2011 | Car Audio & Video

1 Answer

Last weekend while I was playing, I smelled that smell. After I turned my 800RB bass amp off I saw smoke coming out of the foot switch input so I hooked up my spare amp. When I took the amp apart I found...


They are NOT called motherboards, just circuit boards.

Sometimes the board can be restored by carving out the black and re-insulating it and repairing the cause and bad components.

Likely the power transistors have shorted that are associated with that side and burned compnents.

Many shops will only replace the whole board rather than do the labor to restore the board... Yes, either way it will be expensive to repair.

Causes of these failures can be overdriving the amp. bad speakers and or cables. Loose speaker connectors that vibrate can lead to this.

Another problem can be if SUPERSONIC (can't hear it) feedback is occuring at high frequencies that overloads the amp.

Aug 08, 2010 | GallienKrueger Gallien Krueger 800rb

1 Answer

I have an Epiphone Blues Custom 30 amp. I have had it about 2 months - purchased used. I have probably played it about 10 hours total. This morning, I turned it on and it played for about one minute then...


There may be an internal fuse, but the unit will need to be serviced by an electronics shop.

If no odor or burning smell happened, then I suspect a bad solder joint or cracked circuit board. Look the board over with a very bright light.

LOOK for a dark circle around pins of HEAVEY components in the solder menicus for all the pins of the heavy components.

Look for board cracks with a small LED flashlight shined through the board.

Feb 28, 2010 | Epiphone Music

1 Answer

The dishwasher will not turn on


Congratulations - you found the fault !

The options you have are -
Buy areplacement board from a spares centre.
Buy a take- off board from a scrap one on Ebay.
Or - Learn about electronic repair - and identify the burnt component , buy the parts and replace it yourself.

You can take it to an electronic repair shop - if you can find one - or a electronic supply shop - and ask for a new one of "them".

If replacing a burnt component - often there is a cause other than just that component.
Experience tells you what else might be wrong to cause it.

Aug 04, 2009 | Maytag MDB9600A Jetclean II Built-in...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Car Audio & Video Logo

Related Topics:

303 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Competition Car Audio & Video Experts

xxxxxx xxx

Level 3 Expert

4862 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

76164 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74251 Answers

Are you a Competition Car Audio and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...