Question about Kenmore 43142 Front Load Washer
Model 417.48102701 November 2007 Serial XC 74903045 Lights turing on and beeping even when in the action of washing as well as when door open and no activity. No associated with storms or power surges.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer
The problem is the User Interface board behind the control panel. This is a noted problem that often occurs with this model washer. The only option, I hate to say (unless you want to listen to the washer beep all the time) is to replace the board.
The part(s) you need are available at searspartsdirect.com. Simply type in your model number and look under the "Control Panel Parts" heading for item number 7 (User Interface - part #8564393). You may also consider item number 12 (User Interface Harness - part #3407184) to rule out the possibility of a bad wiring harness. You can try to do end to end continuity checks before considering a replacement just to be sure. The contacts are sometimes difficult to get to with a multimeter, though.
This is a fairly simple repair to accomplish on your own. Just follow these steps:
1. UNPLUG the washer.
2. Remove the three screws in the back of the console.
3. With the screws loosened, the console will come of by lifting from the back first. Use care not to damage the small wire harness under the console.
4. Remove the wire harness from the User Interface board and remove the knob (by pulling) from the front panel. Lay the entire control panel face down on a soft surface (like a stack of towels).
5. Carefully remove the white plastic cover plate that is installed over the control board.
6. Once the cover is removed, carefully remove the old interface board by prying gently on the series of tabs around the perimeter of the board. There may also be some mounting screws to remove as well.
7. With the old board removed, carefully install the new board by inserting the control knob shaft through the hole first. Then, gently snap the board in place, making sure all the tabs around the perimeter of the board are in place. Reinstall any small mounting screws. NOTE: Do not handle the surface of the board with your hands. Handle the edges only, to avoid electrostatic discharge from your body causing damage to the board.
8. Reinstall the protective plastic white cover over the interface board.
9. Flip the console upright and reinstall the wiring harness and control knob (The knob only goes on one way).
10. Carefully insert the console in the front grooves on top of the washer, first. Then lower the back and reinstall the screws.
The repair is pretty straight forward. However, if you have questions, please post back and let me know. I hope this helps you.
PS I tried to find parts for this washer at others websites, but could not find a listing for it.
Posted on Jul 19, 2008
My machine just died. No codes, no nothing. I thought it had blew a fuse. But the outlet is fine. There is no power to the unit. There is a load in the machine and I can't get it out. Help
Posted on Jan 26, 2008
Find the button on your panel with a 'key' symbol. Press & hold this down till the lock light goes off. Or
Hold down the 'options' & 'select' buttons together till the lock light goes off. Or
Press and hold down "end of cycle"
Pl. rate & tell me what did it - it is important.
Posted on May 30, 2008
SOURCE: kenmore 80 series overflow
Ok, it sounds either your hose from the water level pressure switch has come off or broke, or the pressure switch itself is bad.
Check the pressure switch hose first.
My tubing came loose and I just duct taped it back on and it works perfectly.
You would need to open your console as shown here:
Pull forward and up on the console and you can hinge it open and hanging from the hinges.
Here is your water level pressure switch:
Water fill level switch
Here is the pressure switch hose:
Hose for water level pressure switch
Posted on Jan 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 25, 2014 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-32FS120 32" TV
May 02, 2011 | RCA Televison & Video
Jan 30, 2011 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Jan 16, 2011 | Maytag Washing Machines
Oct 14, 2010 | Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Load Washer
May 18, 2010 | Cameras
Mar 17, 2009 | Washing Machines
Oct 25, 2008 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Sep 06, 2008 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Jul 25, 2008 | Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
Feb 27, 2016 | Kenmore 43142 Front Load Washer
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: