Phaser 8500 - cannot print color under 64-bit Win 7
to start from the beginning, i understand that you are running win7/64bit, usb connected. on base of this assumption we will try to solve your problem. by the way, i love this printer!
1. disconnect printer from usb port,
2. remove all instances of your printer and printer driver from your computer, run ccleaner to clean the junk including registry
3. download again your printer driver (it should be about 6.3mb, lite version which you most probably downloaded will not work!), just in case if previous download was corrupted, choose global english as a lingo.
5. unzip file to root directory or desktop, anywhere where you can find them easy.
6. connect your printer to the computer
7. right mouse click on "my computer"
8. left mouse click on "control panel home"
9. under "hardware and sound" left click on "view devices and printers", your printer should be there
10. 2x left click on the printer
11. 2x left click on "customize your printer"
12. left click on "advanced" tab
13 select "new driver"
14. select "have disk" and point search where you did unfold the drivers.
as this particular printer is part of build in microsoft printers, often microsoft is overriding your preferences and this process will allow you to use manufacturers settings not a microsoft.
after this your printer should be visible in printer folder as default. make test print,
if you find this solution useful, please do not hesitate to leave feedback and vote4 for me, if you do require additional help, please call back.
Aug 02, 2010 |
Xerox Phaser 8500/8550 All-In-One Thermal...