Question about Canon ZR85 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
My camera won't stay on unless it is plugged into the wall. The battery will not charge.
Posted by Anonymous on
It sounds as if your battery is shot. If it does it with any battery then that's not the case, of course, but a Batteries Plus store can test it for you or you can just order a replacement from Amazon. I've had good luck with Wasabi Power replacement batteries from Amazon.com.
Posted on Jun 02, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I found a temporary solution for this problem. When the tray with the cassette tape comes out remove the battery so that the tray will not go inside again. Now on top of the tray it will be written as "PRESS" just adjucent to it you can see a spring connected to the tray just press the string down wards and the tray opens and you can replace the battery. Hope this can help.
Posted on Nov 13, 2008
Steps for removing the tape from a totally dead ZR85:
1. Turn camera upside down.
2. Move "Open/Eject" button to full right position (toward lens).
3. Manually push tape door open.
4. On the metal surface that sits between you and the tape, there is a very small screw. There is probably a yellow sticker next to the screw that says "Do not press on this part". With a small jewelry phillips screwdriver, remove that screw.
5. Push the metal plate (with tape) in the direction ofr the door and lift slightly. The metal assembly holding the tape comes loose, exposing the top of the tape.
6. Pull the tape upwards (out of the camera). At this point, the tape will still be engaged in the play heads. With the cartridge out far enough to see the heads, reach in with your jewelry screw driver and carefully lift the tape over the heads, and free from the camera.
7. Use the eraser on the end of a pencil to wind your tape back into the cartridge.
8. When re-assembling the mechanism in the camera, there are two curved slots on both sides of the piece you took loose. You'll need to thread these onto two posts inside before you place the top back in position and put the screw back in.
Posted on Sep 02, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 11, 2013 | Kodak EASYSHARE M340 Digital Camera
Mar 17, 2017 | Canon ZR85 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
Jul 20, 2011 | Canon PowerShot A3100 IS Digital Camera
This is usually caused by a failed component in the power circuit within the camera and can usually be repaired fairly inexpensively. However, it's not a user serviceable problem and will need to be repaired qualified service technician.
My name is Rick and I'm a professional repair technician with over 20 years in the business and have repaired many of these. I
May 23, 2011 | Canon ZR85 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
Dec 03, 2009 | Canon ZR800 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
Nov 16, 2009 | Kodak Easyshare V1233 12.1MP Digital...
Jan 12, 2009 | Canon ZR85 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
May 11, 2008 | Canon ZR85 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
Feb 01, 2008 | Canon ZR85 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
May 06, 2007 | Canon ZR85 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
115 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!