Question about Proscan Televison & Video
I can't get power to the tv and all the cables are inserted properly.
Posted by Anonymous on
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Proscan TV Manual
I have a Proscan model # PS36800HRJX1 and having a hard time putting it on DVD mode to be able to play a movie. I just bought a remote for it and can't figure out what's the problem. How do I go about it?
Posted on May 24, 2008
Most likely the TV has a power supply related problem. It's possible that it maybe a bad capacitor or transformer on the power supply board. Or, something simple like a blown fuse inside the TV.
But, I can't say it's 100% the problem because I can't actually look at the tv over the internet. I can only make guesses with the symptoms.
You have a few choices:
1. You can try leaving the TV unplugged for 30 - 45 minutes so the TV can discharge and reset itself.
2. If by chance the TV is still under warranty, go that route.
3. If you have some electronic experience, if you can find and purchase a Service Manual over the internet; It will help you diagnose the source of the problem and fix it by soldering in the new part. The Service Manual will give you circuit diagrams, test points, and part# lists.Usually, cost under $20. And most cases the new part cost less than $15.
4. Pay a TV shop to do the repairs. It maybe costly, but get an estimate of how much they will charge. That way you can decide if it worth repairing or replacing the whole TV.
I hope I shed some light on the subject for you.
Posted on Jul 20, 2009
SOURCE: does the Proscan 47" LED
yes it does , if you are viewing the TV from the rear it is located in the back on the lower right , on the right side of the RCA's . here is a link to give you a visual , just wait for the manual to pop up .
Posted on Jan 28, 2011
I see so many here with no sound/no picture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signs of damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down the problem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the generic ones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don't put a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses a standby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined and some not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on the power/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--I attach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flat and have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating (saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs 7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have to buy and try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over. If set is opened at least look for puffed up and bad caps like in this photo
Posted on Aug 27, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
May 29, 2015 | Proscan Televison & Video
Jan 21, 2018 | Shopnbc Proscan 32" 720p 60Hz LCD HDTV w/...
Aug 07, 2013 | Element Electronics ELCHW261 26 in. TV
Jul 13, 2011 | Proscan 47LB45H 47 in. LCD TV
Jun 15, 2010 | Proscan 32LB30QD 32 in. LCD TV
Jul 16, 2009 | Proscan 19LA25Q 19 in. LCD Television
Feb 20, 2009 | Proscan 32LA25Q 32 in. LCD TV
Jan 08, 2009 | Proscan 19LA25Q 19 in. LCD Television
Mar 04, 2008 | Proscan PS36500 36" TV
Oct 19, 2007 | Proscan 32LA30Q Television
May 23, 2018 | Proscan Televison & Video
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!