- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It seems that your laptop keyboard is not working any more. you need to buy new keyboard for ur laptop or if you want to use usb keyboard then remove this keyboard's cable, connect your usb keyboard it will work.
This could happen when they keyboard setting is malfunctioning or there is a possible virus which is the reason behind this misbehavior.
I would suggest you start the PC in safe mode and then check if it works fine , if it does , then the problem could be with a virus , else you need to get your laptop's keyboard serviced and the problem would be solved.
GCS632U is designed to work with standard USB keyboard an mouse only. You have to make sure that you are not using any type of adapter such as PS/2 to USB adapter. To further isolate the problem, please follow the steps below:
1. Connect the USB keybord directly to th computer to make sure that the keyboard is working properly.
2. Make sure that the keyboard is connected to the keyboard port on your KVM switch. You may take a look under neath this GCS632U (near the USB ports) and you will see an icon where to connect the keyboar and mouse.
3. If you're still gettings the same problem, Try power cycling this kvm switch by disconnecting if from the computers and disconnect also the keyboard and mouse from the KVM switch and leave them disconnected for a minute or two.
4. Reconnect everything after two minutes and then reboot the two computers.
5. If same problem exist, try using different USB keyboard.
NOTE: This KVM swith does not work correctly with wireless, gaming and smart keyboards because it's designed to work with standrd USB keyboard only.