- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
All microwaves make some noise when running. Cooling fans, exhaust fans, turntable motor, transformer, and magnetron all make noise. I assume you mean some unusual noise. I need to know more about what kind of noise it is - a loud roar, a rattling sound, a high-pitch squealing sound, a "clunk-clunk" sound or what? By the way, a "klunk-klunk" sound is frequently caused by small debris stuck to the wheels of the turntable support tray. Try cleaning those wheels and the track they roll in.
It certainly sounds like something is wrong. My first GE microwave was like this and it wasn't advertised as anything special. After a long life I replaced it with a Sharp (makes most all microwaves) and was disappointed at the cycling on and off. Now Panasonic makes what they call Inverter microwaves with continuous power. I recently bought a GE (probably made by Panasonic) with this Inverter technology and am very pleased with it. Make sure the microwave you have says AccuWave on it, if it does, it sounds like the magnetron may have been replaced with a non-continuous type of magnetron. Was it bought refurbished/returned/clearanced? I think when I was researching this that it MAY have something to do with the type of power supply to the magnetron and not so much the magnetron itself.
The only way to get to the fan, is to remove the housing cover. It should only be a few screws and that should free it up. But PLEASE be careful! Unplug it first (of course) and keep away from the magetron, which is usually located on the right side. Close to it is a capacitor that can hold a high voltage charge for an extended period of time!!! Keep away from it!!!
Hello Davisaroundt, we are sorry to hear about your Microwave not powering on. If you would like for us to schedule service for you, then can you please email your address, phone number, the model and serial number, the website you were contacted on, Fixya, your review ID, and date of purchase to Whirlpool_Digital@whirlpool.com?
The inspector is correct, air should be coming through the top louvers, although you sometimes will have a little air coming from the sides and back. Drop the microwave and see which way the blower is rotated, towards the louvers or towards the back or top. Some units also have a panel that blocks the venting from going the wrong way. Good Luck, Appliance Specialists