Question about Audio Players & Recorders
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Its the fuse (1.25A 250V slow blow) remove 12 allen screws on side panels, six each side (the very top and bottom allens are
for comestics) remove the woofer screws (just the two of the four)
that are facing the front panel.remove the 12 screws in the rear panel. 6 along the top, 4 along the bottom, 2 in the middle.
go to Radio Shack, Get a 2A 250V slow blow fuse (they dont have a 1.25A) Part# 270-1064 (4-pk about $3.00) reinstall & ROCK !!!!
Posted on Nov 08, 2009
If you can believe what they say about the specs...
Register and download the manual for free at retrevo.com
Bear in mind the power spec is at >>>> 10% <<<< THD without any bandwidht specified. THAT's a lot of distortion stated in a meaningless fashion to convince you to part with the money.
If one looks at the power CONSUMPTION figure (43 watts), one can conclude that the audio power spec is totally fabricated. NO device puts out more power than it consumes.
That is not to say it won't sound good and loud in certain settings and conditions, but this is not, say, a Bose Acoustic Wave Music System. After a certain volume demand it will just be annoying instead of entertaining. That's why they called this class of product a Ghetto Blaster.
I see one sold for $70 last year...
Posted on May 28, 2011
Please unplug the unit for 10 minutes and confirm that the USB Flash Drive is formatted in FAT16 or FAT32 then repeat the update procedure.
1) Download the firmware here and save it to your PC Desktop.
2) Insert a USB Flash Drive into your PC and format in FAT16 or FAT32.
3) Unzip and open the Downloaded file. Copy and Paste the file "host.h16" to USB Drive folder.
4) Turn off the RV-NB50 and insert the USB Flash Drive in the USB port on the front of the RV-NB50.
5) While the unit is OFF, press , ,  on the remote control.
6) RV-NB unit will turn on automatically, and "HELLO" and "MCU UPGR" will appear on the clock display.
7) While updating the software, the clock display will be blank. Please wait about 2 minutes and DO NOT TURN OFF (or pull out USB Flash Drive) during updating.
8) The clock display will appear when the update is
9) Gently remove the USB Flash Drive
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Aug 21, 2011
The fault is with its input selection circuit. Seek tech support. Might be an IC fault.
Posted on Jun 07, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 11, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 01, 2013 | JVC RV-B550 Cassette/CD Boombox
Jan 12, 2011 | JVC RV-DP100 Cassette/CD Boombox
Aug 22, 2010 | JVC RV-B55 Cassette/CD Boombox
Jun 22, 2010 | JVC RV-B90 Boombox
Apr 12, 2010 | JVC RV-B99GY Cassette Boombox
Jun 14, 2009 | JVC RV-NB1 Radio/Cassette/CD Boombox
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!