Question about Sony VAIO Y Series Notebook VPCY118GXBI
Restore to factory setting
Posted by Anonymous on
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}
Give this a try:
When the VAIO logo appears on the computer's screen, briefly press the F10 key on the computer keyboard.
The VAIO Recovery Wizard appears.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Nov 28, 2009
get all info from my site
it will guide u on how to fix the laptop
downlaod this utility from my shared drive and do a low level format....
create a boot CD from this utility....and use KILLDISK in there (a DOS application)
it will do a low level fromat and make all ur Harddisk sectors to back to "000000..." as it was when it was made....as good as new...
once that's done u can reinstall WinXP, Win7 etc and make partitions etc
Posted on Sep 26, 2010
SOURCE: How can i restore my
If you have the disc provided with the laptop,you can restore to factory setting.
Insert the disc and follow the instruction.
Thanks for using FixYa.
Posted on May 27, 2011
SOURCE: need to restore my sony
Posted on Jul 10, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 05, 2014 | Sony Vaio F-SERIES F236FM Laptop - Factory...
Oct 21, 2013 | Sony VAIO VGN-CR507E/PC Laptop
3. Restore complete system menu. From the left menu of Vaio Recovery Center select "Restore complete system"
4. Start button.
5. Select "Restore C: drive" and hit Next.
6. Read the information on this new window, select "I understand" and hit Start.
7. "Are you sure?" If you made backup for all your data and really want to restore your Vaio as it was when you bought it you have to make sure that have it plugged in to a stable source of energy and press YES.
8. So ... next you should sit back and relax. Your computer will start showing the next messages
Windows is loading files ...
Restoring your operating system
Please wait a moment while Windows prepares to start for the first time...
Windows Vista setup: The initial setup may take up to 15 minutes. Do not turn off the computer. Click OK to continue the setup process and wait until the "Set up Windows screen appears". Select OK
9. Take your time until your system install VAIO software
Finish to restart.
10. That's all. Now, your VAIO has the original operating system, drivers and software. Now you have to configure your VAIO as you want.
Aug 21, 2012 | Sony VAIO VPCEB42FX/BJ Notebook
2-Click the "Help and Support."
3-Select the "Vaio Recovery Wizard" option.
Apr 11, 2012 | Sony VAIO VGN-NS110E/L Notebook PC
Mar 01, 2012 | Sony VAIO PCV-RZ44 (PCV-RZ44G) PC Desktop
Aug 10, 2011 | Sony VAIO E Series 2.26GHz Intel Core...
Jul 10, 2011 | Sony VAIO EE Series Notebook VPCEE31FX/BJ
May 27, 2011 | Sony VAIO CS VGN-CS220J/T Notebook
Mar 29, 2010 | Sony Computers & Internet
Oct 24, 2009 | Sony VAIO SZ Series Notebook VGN-SZ780EB
17 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: