The best thing to do first is check with the sender to make sure that they actually sent
they have sent it, here's a list of conditions that will stop that
email from getting through to you. If any of them describes your
situation, you'll find instructions on how to resolve the issue just
below. Hopefully, one of these will do the trick! Incorrectly typed email address
Is the sender using your correct email address? Just one mistyped
letter will cause an email to go to the wrong address or make it
undeliverable. Ask them to double-check that they entered your address
correctly. Sender's email not functioning properly
Can this sender successfully send messages to other
people? The problem could be on their end, with sending. Ask them to check. Inbox needs refreshing ( Yahoo! Mail Classic)
New email often arrives while you're writing or reading another email.
The all-new Yahoo! Mail updates your Inbox for you, so if you use it,
you'll always see new mail when it arrives. But in Yahoo! Mail Classic,
see this new mail in your Inbox until
you Refresh or Reload the page, or return to the Welcome Screen, or click Check Mail
. Note: Yahoo! Messenger
shows an alert each time a new email arrives. One of your filters could be directing the email into a folder
If you've set up filters, the message from this sender might be going
directly to a different folder from your Inbox. Here's how to check your
You're forwarding your mail to another email address
- Click Options in the upper-right, and select More Options.
- Click Filters.
- See anything that might be capturing the mail you've been looking for?
- Note: Messages in Trash can be deleted at any time. Once messages are deleted, they're gone forever, and can't be retrieved.
If you're forwarding your mail, it's going to another email address. Here's how to check:
You're blocking this user
- Click Options in the upper-right corner of the page, and select More Options.
- Under "Management", click POP Access & Forwarding.
- Is the lower half of the page (Forwarding) selected? If so-and if you would like to discontinue it:
- Click the radio button for "Web and POP Access" at the top of the page.
- Click Save.
The sender's address might be on your Blocked Addresses list. Mail from
blocked senders doesn't arrive or bounce-it's simply discarded. Here's
how to check your Blocked Addresses list:
There's a delay in delivery
- Click Options in the upper-right corner of the page and select More Options.
- Under "Spam", click Block Addresses.
- Scan the list for the address of the sender. If you see it, click it, then click Remove Block.
Messages are usually delivered within a few minutes. Very rarely, they
are delayed while in transit. This is usually due to problems on the
sender's mail server, heavy Internet traffic, or routing problems.
Unfortunately, aside from waiting, there's no way to know whether a
message has been delayed or whether it has been rendered undeliverable.
If a sender can re-send it, have them do that.
No matter what the cause, the best solution is to ask the sender to re-send the message.