The instructions suck! First thing is to press the MENU button
at the top left of the face plate then the SRC button as outlined
in the instructions. This little player really does work well.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I spent the better part of an hour trying to figure out how to get the "Clk Adj" screen on the KDC-MP228. Here is the solution (dont waste your time reading the manual, it does not explain this). First, I had screwed up my settings so I did a factory reset (hold in the reset button). Then, you need to turn off Demo Mode (in standby click the Menu button and then use the control button to navigate to "Demo On". Hold the control button in to turn Demo on or off (this is different from all of the other controls in the manual). Now that Demo is off, click Menu button again and use the Control button to navigate through the options, one of which is "Clk Adj". At that point, you can follow the instructions in the manual (Hold in Control button until the clock blinks (approx 2 seconds), then use the FM/AM buttons to change the Hours and the << >> buttons to change the Minutes). Press the Control button again to save your changes. I cannot believe how difficult it was to set the clock on this device, someone should smack the developer who wrote that code.
1. Be sure the unit is in the stand-by mode (ie: turned off)
2. Push the control knob towards FM or AM. Select the DEMO display
3. To set the DEMO mode, do this:
Press the control knob for at least 2 seconds. The demonstration mode alternates between DEMO ON and DEMO OFF.
Although it doesn't say, i would imagine you need to press the MENU button to exit this screen.
This information came from the instruction manual that I was able to download from the internet. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll forward it off to you.
Turn the unit onto standby then press and hold the menu button then scroll down to demo using the toggle switch on the right then press and hold the toggle switch for a few seconds and it will change to demo off. It's not too difficult but you are correct, it doesn't tell you correctly in the installation instructions.
1. Be in Standby mode 2. press Menu 3. Use joystick to up/down through the menu 4. when it shows display mode on, press the joystick in to change it... you might have to hold it in or tap it twice. Mine's touchy, sometimes I have to push it in twice on the menus.
There is often confusion in the way the manual states how to achieve removing demo mode. Because this is listed in the "Menu System" section of the manual and assumes you read from page 1 of the manual that you will know to enter the menu in this section of the manual. Here is step by step instructions on removing demo mode on your unit.
1. Go to standby mode
2. Press and hold the menu button till the menu comes up
3. Press control knob towards AM or FM to scroll through menu till you locate "Demo On"
4. Press control knob straight in for approximately 3 seconds till it switches to "Demo Off"
5. Hit menu button again to exit menu