I believe I can help.
As I understand you use your Siemens to get to Internet and you like to use another Edimax 6204 WL Router on another floor.
You don't have to change much !
First check if DHCP on your Siemens Router is ENABLED (it should be) !
- RESET your EDIMAX Router (to be sure everything is set by default)
and disconnect any LAN cables from it.
- If you are using Laptop (or desktop with WL adapter), connect it to your EDIMAX by LAN cable.
- Set (if it is not) LAN adapter IP and DNS of your Laptop/Desktop
to 'Obtain an IP address automatically'
If it was seto to some STATIC IP, after this you may need to 'REPAIR' your LAN connection
to get a new IP from your Edimax router
- Open your browser and type http://192.168.2.1
(admin + pass: 1234)
- Go to Wan port and check it. It should be set to Dynamic IP.
- Go to LAN settings and type IP address of the Edimax Router in the same Class
as Siemens Router is. (e.g. if Siemes router is 192.168.1.1 then Edimax should be 192.168.1.2)
- Change the DHCP range too, but be carefull this range should be different from DHCP range on your
Siemens router. (e.g. if Siemens router range is 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.200, then you should
set Edimax DHCP range from 192.168.1.201 to 192.168.1.250)
- Now, connect the LAN cable from one of Siemens LAN port to WAN port of your Edimax.
Now you may change SSID, Security, Time etc. on your Edimax router, and also try to connect via your Laptop's WL adapter. (also make sure it has no static IP address)
Hope this helped.