Here's something to try, it's actually the drum reset and if it's the drum that needs replacing then this will get you going again. Just remember that if you reset
this that eventually the drum will start having quality issues because you will be using it past its end of life cycle getting more use out of it then normal and it won't hurt the machine
either... hope this helps and if so, please mark Fixya
1) Turn off the power using the switch on the back of the printer. Open the front door of the printer.
2) Hold Continue button down, power on the printer, and continue to holding Continue down until the LEDs begin to flash. When the LEDs start to flash, release Continue button. The LEDs will continue flashing until only Error LED will be lit.
3) Close the front door. Continue, Ready/Data, Toner Low and Load Paper LEDs should be lit.
4) Wait till the printer completes the POST process. POST is complete when fan noise and rollers stop. After POST wait for 5 seconds
5) Press Cancel button 4 times slowly until the Toner Low LED is lit. This is the procedure resetting the counter.
6) Press and hold Continue until all LEDs begin to cycle in sequence, then release Continue. Now only the Toner Low LED will be lit.
7) Cycle the power of the printer (turn it off and then back on).