Two buttons are stuck in on my kitchen aid blender.
I have been searching for an answer to this same problem. My chop and mix buttons were stuck and I was getting no power or blinking lights. After finding no help on-line, I decided to take it apart and fix myself. It was easy and it worked!
1. Take the bottom of the mixer off by removing the rubber foot pads and remove the exposed 4 screws.
2. Remove the 3 sets of wires that are attached to the inside panel with clips. Very easy to remove, just squeeze at the base of the clips and pull up.
3. Remove the 2 screws holding that panel in place and gently lift off.
4. Remove the panel found under the top panel by also removing 2 screws. When you flip this panel over you will see what operates the switches.
In my blender the black plastic nubs that push against the buttons that were stuck and got twisted off kilter so they were not resetting properly. I just put a small screwdriver in there to try and straighten them as much as possible. All of these steps will be obvious as you disassemble the blender.
5. Push on the back of the buttons that were stuck to get them unstuck before reassembling everything back together.
I was surprised how easy a fix this was and how obvious what the problem was when I opened the blender up. No soldering or fancy tools needed, just 5-10 minutes and a phillips head screwdriver!
May 21, 2013 |
KitchenAid KSB560 5 Speed Blender