I start up my ps2 console and I want to play one of my games and it takes me to the browser screeen right away because it does not even bother to read the disc and then I went into browser and it still did not read the .disc
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Disc Read Error generally means that the game disk cannot be read by your console.
Reasons for Disc Read Error 1. Disk surface scratched or smudged. 2. Disk surface dirty. 3. Lens surface dirty.
Here is what you can try doing.
1. Check the game disc for any scratches or smudges on the surface of the game disc, try to clean them off by using a non-abrasive cotton cloth.
2. If the PS2 console is lying down, please set the console to on its side or if it's on its side set it to flat position, restart the console and then try game again. Always ensure the PlayStation 2 is in a cool, well ventilated place.
3. Remove and reinsert the Memory card of your PS2, restart the console then try running the game again. Other troubleshooting that you can try.
Change the Disc speed of the PS2 DVD and then try again.
Start the PS2 with no disc in a drive. Press the "triangle" button on the controller. Use the up and down buttons on the controller to select "Playstation Driver” and press the "triangle" button on the controller. Select Disc speed. If it is set to "Fast," select "Standard"; if it is set to "Standard", select "Fast" and press the "X" button on the controller. Press the "O" button on the controller. Insert the game disc and restart the PS2. Try running the game again.
Turn the Diagnosis On for PlayStation2 to auto detect the best settings.
From the Browser and System Configuration menu. Press the triangle button to select Version. Highlight the Console from the list and press the triangle button - this accesses the next menu option. The Diagnosis will be highlighted. Press the X button to access the options available. Highlight "ON" and press the X button to affect the change. Restart the console and try the game again.
If the above steps does do not solve the error then you would probably have to replace the disc.
Note: If you are using the Slim version of PS2 make sure that the console is properly ventilated and that it should always be in the standing position, as the slim version of PS2 no fan or any other cooling unit unlike the normal PS2.
After extensive research on this subject and working on several Playstation II systems. I found out the reason your system will play only blue disks and not silver is a alignment problem with the laser. It could be tilted or set to high or low. The quickest solution is to call Sony and get a new laser with the shuttle.
If i am not mistaken it cost 50.00 and just go to the playstation site select support and it will explain in full detail how to take your system apart and replace the laser and shuttle.