Question about Samsung Brightside U380 Smartphone Verizon
Shows battery charging without being plug in and gives me a svc error
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: my samsung mobile sch-f 309
here's what you can do...
Check the charging terminal of your unit and look for dirt accumulation and the like that maybe blocking the metal part or the terminal, remove it if any. if there is none, chances are that you have a defective charger or your unit has a defective charging circuit and will not charge your battery. aslo try on charging on other outlet.
To check your charger, you must have a multi-tester and set it to 10 Volts dc. connect the red probe of the tester to the positive terminal of the charger and the black to the negative. it must have a reading between 4V to 8V if it is OK. if it has a negative reading, reverse the connection.
if charger is OK, most probably that the charging circuit has problem.
I recommend to have it fix to a repair shop to avoid further damage on the unit.
Hope i helped you...
Don't forget to rate me OK... Thanks...
Posted on Jan 05, 2011
Don't know if you were able to get this done but I needed to take apart the lcd screen on mine and replace it. in order to get to it you need to start from the back and work your way up to the front.
-preferably a #000 philips screwdriver
-not necessary but I also used a 3/64 flathead screwdriver
1. Take battery cover off.
2. Take out battery
3. Take the #000 phillips screwdriver to take out the six silver screws.
4. Now take out the two black screws that were behind the battery.
5. Slide the phone out now in order to get better leverage to take off the plastic case that protects the circuit board.
6. Now there will be a ribbon cable connected to the circuit board. just pull it off. The cable actually snaps on so all you need to do is pull it off, there is not a locking mechanism for this.
7. you can now take the circuit board off to see the back side of the qwerty board and the slider. remove all of the silver screws on the slider.
8. Now the slider can come off, to make it easier, take off the ribbon cable that is fed through a slot on the slider. The ribbon cable is connected to a square, the square is stuck to the plastic piece by tape and will not hurt anything as you pull it off. Once that is off you can now fee the cable out of the plastic piece that was connected to the slider in order to get it out of the way.
9. Now there are 4 black screws on the back of the lcd cover. take them out.
10. This is stuck on pretty good and I had to use a small flathead screwdriver (I used a 3/64 flathead) and a lot of fandangling to get this piece off.
editor's note: I replaced the lcd so I'll just explain how to do that. I don't know if you needed the window replaced or if it was the lcd.
11. From this point the ribbon cable's port is blocked by a bluish tape. peel that off, and you should be able to see the locking mechanism which is a black bar on the opposite side of the ribbon cable. lift this black plastic bar up and the cable will pull right out. There are two other ribbon cable's on the left side of this port where you will need to do the same thing. These two other ports have the same locking bar so make sure to lift it up before taking the cable out.
12. Last step, the lcd screen is not connected but stuck to the bottom by a tape or some sticky substance. I took my flathead screwdriver and just peeled it off.
13. That was the last step, should be self explanatory from here, just work your way back and make sure all those ribbon cables are snug. I hope this helps, I noticed no one had made a video or made any responses from what I could see toward this subject so after successfully doing this I hoped I'd be able to do someone some good. Peace!
Posted on Dec 12, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 03, 2016 | Samsung SCH-U380 Brightside Verizon Phone...
Dec 09, 2015 | Samsung SCH-U380 Brightside Verizon Phone...
Oct 28, 2014 | Samsung Verizon Brightside Sch-u380 Black...
Mar 14, 2014 | Samsung SCH-U380 Brightside Verizon Phone...
May 26, 2012 | Samsung Verizon Brightside Sch-u380 Black...
15 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: