Question about Brother DCP-J315W Inkjet Multifunction Printer - Colour - Photo Print
How to solve ink absorber full
This video shows you how to reset the counter so your printer will work again. However, it doesn't solve the problem of your absorber being full of waste ink. I recommend placing the printer on a towel in the event that the absorber overflows. This will avoid ruining the table your printer is sitting on.
Here is the parts list if you wish to order the pad. It will take most of an afternoon and be very messy. Not for the novice. Your best bet is to reset the printer and use it until ink physically leaks out of the machine - then replace it.
If you do fix it yourself. You will need the following:
I have no experience with this vendor. It's just the first one that came up in Google that wasn't in the UK.
Posted on Apr 19, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I'm receiving error message 46
Welcome to Fixya. To fix error 46 on borhter printer please follow the steps below.
1) Enter machine maintenance mode
- FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).
- Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys. Next press the "up arrow" key four times to enter the maintenance mode).
2) Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine's log information list (function code 80).
3) Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.
4) Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.
5) Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
6) Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.
Thanks for using Fixya.
Posted on May 04, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 30, 2014 | Brother MFC J6910DW - Multifunction fax /...
May 27, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Aug 26, 2010 | Canon Pixma iP4500 InkJet Printer
Jul 12, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP170 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 02, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP3300 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 06, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 15, 2015 | Brother DCP-J315W Inkjet Multifunction...
205 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: