Question about Coby MP-610 MP3 Player
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Not sure if player is charging
Can you see it in "My Computer"? It will show under "Removable Drive/Storage"
Double click the removable drive to open the folders. Can you see your music, photo and movie folders?
Can you see the player in Coby Manager - under the "DEVICE" tab?
When disconnected from the computer, how long can you listen to the Coby player before it goes off?
If not present in My Computer or in Coby Manager/Device Tab, then it is not plugged in correctly.
a. Disconnect the player from the computer.
b. Wait for it to cycle through "Please Wait" and "Updating Library" screens.
c. Make sure the player is TURNED OFF
d. With player TURNED OFF, reconnect wire to the player then to the computer.
e. You will see a USB connector icon on the player screen and the player charging.
It will appear to be charging all the while it is connected to the computer.
After it has been plugged into the computer for an hour, it should be well charged unless the battery is completely run down. In that case, you need to do an initial 8 hour charge - with the coby player OFF - through the computer. (This one got me when I first got my player!)
f. Use the Coby Manager to disconnect the player (Found HERE CobyMedia Manager fix for MP822 (Windows XP/2000/Vista)
1. Open Coby Manager
2. Go to the DEVICE TAB
3. CLICK on EJECT Button in lower right hand corner.
4. It will have a pop-up screen to ask "Do you want to eject?" Click YES.
5. The second pop-up screen will tell you "The device can now be safely removed from the system."
6. Disconnect the player from the computer.
7. The Coby will now show "Please Wait..."
8. It will take the Coby about 10 minutes on the "Please Wait" screen and then on the "UPDATE the Library" screen - Be PATIENT
You should now have enough battery power to use it. To check the battery level,
1. Turn on the player
2. The battery icon is in the upper right hand corner of the screen - it is ALWAYS RED until it starts to go down... I've not had mine down very far, but believe the red line gets shorter as the battery is wearing down.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Apr 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 14, 2010 | Coby MP-705 Digital Media Player
Dec 25, 2009 | Coby MP-610 MP3 Player
Sep 19, 2009 | Coby MP-C7085 MP3 Player
Feb 15, 2009 | Coby MP-C7092 (2 GB) MP3 Player
Jan 03, 2009 | Coby MP-705 Digital Media Player
Sep 17, 2008 | Coby MP550 MP3 Player
Jan 17, 2008 | Coby MP-C7085 MP3 Player
Jan 02, 2008 | Coby MP-C582 MP3 Player
20 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: