I have a HP F380 All in One Deskjet Printer
Mac OS 10.5.8
Printing for over 2 years using Airport
Scanning I need to connect by usb
I reset the settings and can't find the driver I used to...
Thanks for using Fixya.
First, Uninstall your HP F380 and then again reinstall it.
If your printer is connected via usb to airport extreme you will have to download and install the following.
Do this by going to The Linux Foundation (http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/OpenPrinting/MacOSX/hpijs)
Install in the order listed above, they both must be installed for this to work.
Then do the following:
1. Go to > system preferences > print & fax
2. Click "+" to add a printer
3. The HP F380 will be listed with the connection type "Bonjour"
4. Highlight this printer
5. At the bottom of the window you will see the option for "Print Using" and than you can choose something from the drop down menu.
6. Scroll down to "HP" and choose that
7. This now propagates a window full of HP printers including the HP F380 drivers that you installed above.
8. Scroll down until you see "HP F380 FOOTMATIC" and highlight this.
9. Click "add".
That's it, your done and it should work.
Good Luck and have a nice day.
Rating the solution is highly appreciated.
Mar 18, 2010 |
Office Equipment & Supplies