Question about Cuisinart Grind and Brew 10 Cup Coffee Maker
When I pour coffee grinds go into cup. when I open the area where filter goes there are coffee grinds all over the place.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Just an idea, but you could use a turkey baster to remove some of the water first. I doubt if you've harmed the coffee maker.
Posted on Jan 11, 2008
I have had two of these machines (warranty return) and they both did the exact same thing. Here is what I have discovered the problem to be.
The lid for the carafe gets stick and internally jams. As another poster suggested clean it thoroughly (this sometimes works). I have another solution. Call 1-800-726-0190 and explain that you lid jams and leaks all over your counter. They will send you an new lid for free no questions asked. They obviously are very aware of this situation and don't even ask for proof of purchase or purchase date.
Posted on Mar 29, 2008
I found out that internally the water line that comes off of the heating element is made of a rubber/silicon material. The heating element is so hot that it scorches or dryrots the tube and it cracks causeing leaking. Sometimes it comes pouring out and other times it just is enough to make it a pain. I have taken the time to get my specialized screwdriver set and take off the bottom of the pot, but have not been able to find a replacement tube for it. (They also made the tube so that you dont have enough to cut the broken end off and put it back on and if you COULD do it, they also put an "X" in the original tube so if you cut it and try to put it on you cannot push it on far enough. Other than this, it was a great coffee brewer for me for the past four years. (Put baking soda and water paste on the coffee stain if you have formica counters. A few times of doing that and the stain will come clean)
Posted on Apr 13, 2009
It sounds like the release at the bottom of the basket was not open when you put the pot in to receive the coffee. You might check the release on the basket by takin the basket out, putting water in the basket and tripping (pushing up) on the botton on the bottom to see if the water flows through. It could be clogged.
You should clean the coffee maker about every 30 pots of coffee to keep scale from gathering in the heating tubes.
Posted on May 19, 2009
Coffee overflowing onto the counter is a common complaint found in response to many automatic drip coffee makers. The following are potential solutions that can be used to rule out "operator error" vs. a defect or malfunction:
1. Do not "pack" or otherwise overfill the cone/basket with grinds.
2. Ensure you are using the correct grind for an automatic drip coffee maker, neither too fine nor too course. (See instruction manual.)
3. Do not overfill with water. Use the carafe to pour water into the reservoir. This is because a "cup" in coffee terms is defined as 6 oz, not 8 oz. Note: Some coffee makers define as little as 5 oz as a cup.
4. Make sure the filter cone/basket clicks into place and that the carafe is centered and pushed all the way in.
5. Try a permanent filter rather than a paper filter or vice versa.
6. Only use the correct permanent or paper filter (see manual).
7. Verify that the Pause 'n Serve button isn't sticking. If it is activated too long the brew will escape over the top of the cone/basket. This may be more apt to happen if the alignment of the carafe and the basket is incorrect.
8. Clean your machine with vinegar or as instructed by your user manual at least three times per year, more if your water supply is hard. A properly cleaned machine is less likely to suffer a burned out heating element, to take too long to brew, to produce "off" tasting coffee, or to clog and overrun the filter basket as the water runs through the grinds.
9. Ensure that the coffee machine is sitting level on the counter.
Posted on Jan 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 05, 2014 | Vehicle Parts & Accessories
Oct 15, 2009 | Mr. Coffee 072179228578 12 Cup Coffee...
Jul 30, 2009 | Miele CVA615 Espresso Machine
Jul 19, 2009 | ECM Giotto Espresso Machine
Jun 28, 2009 | Cuisinart Grind & Brew DGB-500R, 12-Cup...
Jun 11, 2009 | Bunn 10 Cup Home Coffee Brewer
Apr 02, 2009 | Cuisinart Brew Central DCC-1200W, 12-Cup...
Feb 15, 2009 | Keurig Special Edition B60 Coffee Maker
Dec 25, 2008 | Mr. Coffee ISTX95
Oct 17, 2008 | Cuisinart Grind and Brew 10 Cup Coffee...
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: