Question about Dell 3010cn Laser Printer
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Dell 3010cn printing problem
This printer problem is usually fixed by one of the following two solutions.
1) The Cyan cartridge is not seated 100% correctly. If the locking handle is not seated correctly, the printhead is obstructed from properly developing the the black developer at the extream right hand side. When reseated, the light can then see past the handle and place the image properly.
2) The printhead is dirty ( usually toner dust) and needs to be cleaned. To clean the printhead, open the front cover, pull back on the blue handle on the right hand side. This opens the cover to the cleaning wand on the right hand side of the printer. Gently pull the cleaning wand ALL the way out, and then slide back in ALL the way. Do NOT just move the wand back and forth. this will just push the debris around. The wand is designed to move across the printhead in only one direction. When you pull it out to its full extent, it is lifted up so that when you push it back, it is actually above the glass, not on it. When it reaches its full inward position, it drops back down to go over the glass again from left to right.
Make sure that you change this cleaning pad each time you change the imaging unit ( a new pad is included with the new drum).
Important note: If cleaning the printhead works, but then the print fades out again after a short period of usage, a more serious problem exist in which one of the photo developers is leaking. This is not a user replaceable part. The color of the defective developer would correspond to the color of the cleaning pad after cleaning.
Posted on Oct 03, 2008
This is how to Install or replace the Toner Cartridge.
Install or replace the toner cartridge while the printer is on (if the power is not on, the cartridge carrier does not rotate).
1. After confirming the Insert Yellow Toner(Y) message, open the front door.
2. Hold the tape on the protective cover and pull it forward to remove the cover from each cartridge slot.
NOTE: You need to remove the protective cover only the first time that you install the toner.
NOTE: Dispose of the protective cover after you remove it.
NOTE: The protective cover is attached to each toner cartridge mount.
3. Make sure the color of the toner cartridge matches the slot on the toner cartridge carrier. The order is Y, M, C, K. Gently shake the cartridge to distribute the toner evenly.
4. Lift the tab up 90 degrees and pull the toner seal straight off, keeping it parallel with the toner cartridge.
5. To insert the toner cartridges, align the arrows on the cartridge with the corresponding arrows on the printer. Guide the cartridge in until it snaps into place and then push down the handhold to lock the cartridge in place.
6. Close the front door.
NOTE: Make sure the toner cartridge is installed correctly. Otherwise, the front door cannot close firmly.
7. The toner cartridge carrier rotates to the next empty slot. When the color of the newly inserted cartridge appears on the display, followed by the Insert message, insert the next toner cartridge.
8. Repeat steps 1 through 7 when inserting the remaining cartridges.
Posted on Apr 21, 2009
SOURCE: Dell 3010cn white stripe
on the 3010cn open from cover, follow instruction for pulling up the lever and sliding the bar out of the side repeat the slide motion 15 to 20 time. this action cleans the printing plate and will elimiate the strip. the strip is caused be toner leaking on to the plate it the strip returns repeat the steps.
Posted on Dec 01, 2009
these syte explain how you can reset problem, http://www.zinetic.co.uk/video/dell3010drum.aspx
Posted on Jan 16, 2010
Testimonial: "Your solution let me know I need to buy a toner kit for the Dell 3010cn printer. The YouTube was particularly helpful for removing the external chip. "
SOURCE: how do i replace drum cartridge?
pull open the front cover lift up the top cover lift up the blue handle on the right pull the blue handle in the middle up that is the drum unit steven 818-888-0006
Posted on Apr 27, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 02, 2011 | Dell 3010cn Laser Printer
Nov 25, 2010 | Dell 3010cn Laser Printer
Apr 12, 2010 | Dell 3010cn Laser Printer
Jan 16, 2010 | Dell 3010cn Laser Printer
Jan 14, 2010 | Dell 3010cn Laser Printer
Apr 21, 2009 | Dell 3010cn Laser Printer
Mar 29, 2009 | Dell 3010cn Laser Printer
Jan 05, 2009 | Dell 3010cn Laser Printer
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!