I just bought the CH-DVR 1600
@ Target. This is just a temporary workaround to enable playing of
region 2 DVD disks (don't have other regions but believe it will work
also), until the real regional unlock is available.
1. Insert the region 2 DVD disk and close the tray.
2. Wait for the "Wrong Region" popup to appear in the upper-right corner of your TV screen.
3. The display on your DRV reads "STOP" at this point and the "Wrong Region" popup has disappeared.
4. Press the number "1" button on your DVR remote and a small input popup will appear in the upper-left corner of your screen.
5. Do not press anything else and the DVR will accept this entry as
a chapter # and proceed to this chapter to start playing the movie.
NOTE1: The DVR runs in a somewhat restricted node, e.g. the DVR
display still reads "STOP" and some remote functions do not work, such
as "Menu". The input numbers correspond to the chapters on the DVD
disk, so you can experiment and get to the menu once you hit one of the
extra feature chapters with a "back to the menu" link on it.
NOTE2: I’m anxiously awaiting the real unlock sequence, as I tried most of the old ones posted here, none seemed to work.
also try this
-Switch player ON with no disc
in the tray. Close tray and press MENU, 1, and 9 on the remote control.
A menu should appear with the Region Option. Highlight the Region entry
and press ENTER on the remote. Type in the Region you want. (Put 0 for
code free) Press ENTER again to confirm choice. Press OPEN/CLOSE TRAY
button and put in movie.
Mar 31, 2009 |
Cyberhome DVR 1600 DVD Recorder