Question about Computers & Internet
Iam getting cartridge error 50c on my Lexmark 6150
What is it and how do I fix it?
Cartridge Error 50C
Your print cartridge has shorted.
1. Power off your All-in-One and unplug it.
2. Plug in your All-in-One again and turn it on.
3. Uninstall and then reinstall your cartridges.
4. If this does not resolve the issue, try the troubleshooting steps for the other cartridge errors below.
Error: Black Cartridge Missing
The black cartridge is not installed. (Install cartridge PN 82)
Error: Color Cartridge Missing
The color cartridge is not installed (Install cartridge PN 83)
Complete the following instructions:
1. Power off your All-in-One.
2. Use both hands to lift up the scanner unit until the scanner support holds it open.
3. Turn the All-in-One on. The print cartridge carrier moves and stops at the loading position, unless the All-in-One is busy.
4. Remove the color print cartridge.
5. Lower the scanner unit until it is completely closed.
6. If the error message reappears, replace the black print cartridge with a new print cartridge.
If it does not repeat steps 1-3 and then go to step 7.
7. Reinstall the color cartridge and remove the black print cartridge.
8. Lower the scanner unit until it is completely closed.
9. If the error message occurs again, replace the color cartridge.
10. If an error message reappears, repeat steps 1-3 and reinstall both print cartridges.
11. Lower the scanner unit until it is completely closed.
12. If you receive the error message again, replace both cartridges.
If not, upgrade the software, it might fix the issue.Unless call Lexmark.
Thanks for using "Fixya".
Posted on Jun 19, 2009
Here are the steps:
Posted on Jun 19, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 20, 2011 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 16, 2011 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Sep 20, 2010 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 31, 2009 | Lexmark X6150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 20, 2009 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 11, 2009 | Lexmark X6100 Flatbed Scanner
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: