Question about Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
Hi there, I have bought this printer recently, less than 2 weeks, printed less than 30 pages and it is unable to print. Instead, it always print the status report, saying cartridge is low when THE STATUS REPORT IS PRINTED with no fadings. Please advise, need to print urgent matters. Tried holding the start button, tried resetting photoconductor count, does not seem to work..
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Lexmark E232 photoconductor
Make sure to install the new photoconductor 1st.
1) Power off the printer using the switch in the back.
2) Open the front cover.
3) Press and hold the Continue button (Big silver button with Diamond shape symbol) and power the printer On (turn the switch back to ON).
4) When you see the last light i.e. error light on solid, release the Continue button and close the front cover.
5) When you close the cover you will see all the top 3 lights on solid.
6) Press the cancel button with X symbol for 4 times very slowly till you see toner low light (i.e. second light from top) on solid.
7) Press the continue button and wait until you see the light sequence.
8) Press the cancel button and wait until you see the light sequence.
9) Finally power off the printer using the switch in the back (IMPORTANT= wait 1 minute) and power it back on to exit the configuration mode.
Posted on Feb 09, 2009
From Lexmark Support:
The photoconductor counter has not been properly reset.
Menus are represented by Continue , Ready , Toner Low/Replace PC Kit , and Load Paper light
sequences. Menu items and their settings are indicated by Paper Jam and Error light sequences.
• Press and release Cancel to advance through menus and menu items.
• Press and release Continue to advance to the setting you need.
• Press and hold Continue until all of the lights cycle to perform a function or to save a setting.
• Press and hold Cancel until all of the lights cycle to return to the Home menu.
• Turn off the printer to exit the menus.
In the Utilities Menu, for Reset Photoconductor Counter, press and hold Continue to initiate this operation and return the photoconductor counter to zero.
Hope this resolves your problem.
Posted on Nov 18, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 27, 2012 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 27, 2011 | Samsung CLX-3175FN Color Laser All-in-One...
Jul 02, 2010 | Xerox Phaser 3124 Printer
Apr 27, 2010 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Jan 12, 2010 | HP LaserJet M1522nf Multifunction Printer...
Oct 07, 2009 | Konica Minolta PagePro 1350W Laser Printer
Sep 23, 2009 | HP LaserJet 2840 Printer
Mar 07, 2008 | HP Color LaserJet 2600n Printer
Aug 10, 2007 | Canon imageCLASS® MF4150 All-In-One Laser...
21 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: