Question about Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Posted by Anonymous on
Resetting the linksys router in just six easy steps..
1. Turn on the router.
2. Reset the router, wait until the power light is blinking and then press and hold the reset button for 10 second.
3. Turn off the router and turn on again.
4. Wait for the power light to stop blinking, if the power light does not stop blinking, turn the router off, wait approx 30 second , and then turn it on again.
5. Connect the router to your computer, when it is connected to a computer with an ethernet cable, the ethernet port light will light up.
6. Connect the router to your modem, the modem is connected to the internet port is your computer. The router is connected to the modem.
If you are not able to reset the linksys router password then call linksys router support phone number 1-888-494-1155 (Toll-free) USA.
Posted on Feb 12, 2018
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Before doing a hard reset on the router you may want to try the default username and password. While this is not the same for all routers, this may allow you access to your router.
Username: Admin or Administrator
Password: <Blank>, try just pressing enter or try "admin" as the password as well.
If this does not work and you believe the router is using the default username and passwords try viewing the default settings at routerpasswords.com.
Resetting your router
If the default username and password doesn't work it's likely you or someone whose setup your router has enabled a password that has been forgotten. Thankfully most routers will have a small pinhole button on the back or bottom of the router (like that shown in the picture to the right), pressing this button in and holding on this button for 10-15 seconds will hard reset the router. After this has been done setup the router again and enter a username and password that you can write down.
hope this helps
Dec 21, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
May 13, 2011 | D-Link DIR-600 Router
Apr 23, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Mar 30, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 01, 2011 | Compaq (171979-001) Router
Jan 03, 2011 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Feb 27, 2010 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Apr 13, 2009 | Computers & Internet
262 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!