- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Restoring Default Settings
To restore factory default settings to your DVR:
1. Enter the Factory Default menu, by going to Main Menu > Maintenance > Factory Default.
2. Select the OK button to restore factory defaults or select the Cancel button to return to the previous menu.
Note: Network information such as IP address, subnet mask and gateway will not be restored.
hope thid helps. and you can also try removing all power from unit if it does not have inturnal battery. if it does have an internal battery after removing all external power you will have to remove battery to completely reset. Note the latter suggestion will void warrenty if you have to open the unit to remove the battery.
GOOD LUCK :-)
Look at the unit, you will be looking for a small hole in the unit. You might get lucky and it will say reset. If not the hole will be about the size of a paperclip end, and that's also the tool you will need. Push the button in the hole and HOLD it for a slow count of 30 seconds. Release it and let the unit go through it's startup . This should reset it back to factory default.
1. Restore your unit back to factory default via boot up on the ACER screen, hold down ALT and tap F10.
2. Select "Restore system to factory default".
3. Enter your Empowering Technology password and away you go.
If that doesn't work, your unit was shipped with recovery cd's
Hope this helps
Yes there is.. BUT you'll have to set up the security again... Fortunately DLink has a handy setup wizard which you can access here.. http://support.dlink.com/emulators/di514_revc/h_wizard.html
This will work right on your browser. You might want to test that it works on your system before wiping the router. (Just start it up then cancel if it starts)
Find the recessed reset button on back of the router close to the power input. Press and hold it with paper clip or pen tip for 10 - 15 seconds. This will restore it to factory settings.
You should use a wired connection to access the internet after that, no password. Go to the link above and use the online wizard to setup the router with encrytion and new password.
If it all orks wout for you kindly give me a rating. Thanks.
Most Acer M1640's can be restored to factory settings using the following method:
1. Start with the computer off. 2. Power on the unit, this should cause the Acer POST screen to appear. 3. During the Acer POST screen, press and hold the Alt key on your keyboard, and tap the F10 key on your keyboard. 4.If timed correctly, this should cause the unit to go to a black screen that says "Windows is loading files...". 5. After the "Windows is loading files" screen you should be in Acer e-recovery management. At this point follow the on-screen instructions to restore the unit to factory defaults.