Question about Washing Machines
Hi, Just replace the dogs. Once you remove the 7/16" bolt, the agitator will seperate.
The dogs are the same part# on all models.
Please let me know if I can assist you further.
Posted on Jun 19, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
2) Pull the inner cap (if present) off - many Whirlpool machines use this inner cap, with a handle, to gain access to the center bolt
3) Remove the bolt in the center of the agitator (earlier models used a 7/16" hex-head steel bolt)
On older models, grasp the bottom portion of the agitator and pull the entire assembly out of the washer. (Some recent models allow just the top portion's removal to access these 'dogs')
5) Older models - place the agitator on the floor, and, standing carefully on the bottom portion, pull the top half off. Turn it over, and the dogs will be accessible for replacement.
6) Newer model dogs can be replaced once just the ratchet ***'y is removed. There are several versions currently in use, but most can be replaced without removing the bottom agitator half. All '4-dog' versions use the 285770 (or #80040) kit, regardless of the cam ***'y style. (Really old agitators, rarely seen now, used a pair of 2 larger dogs, which are a different part number)
7) On older versions, be careful to align the two tabs when inserting the upper ***'y back onto the agitator bottom half. When these are aligned, they will friction-fit the two halves together, making it easier to reinstall the ***'y. Handle it only by the bottom half to prevent pulling the top half off when reinstalling.
8) Lightly lubricate the agitator cap's rubber gasket using a bit of dishwasher detergent, and push it back into place. (On the Whirlpools with an inner cap, lube that cap's o-ring too - makes it easier to snap into place)
Apr 18, 2011 | Kenmore 24042 Top Load Washer
Nov 21, 2010 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Dec 29, 2009 | Admiral AW22 Top Load Washer
Oct 15, 2009 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9549L Top...
Jul 26, 2009 | Washing Machines
Jun 13, 2009 | Roper RAX4233PQ Top Load Washer
May 24, 2009 | Washing Machines
Mar 24, 2008 | Maytag PAV2300 Top Load Washer
Nov 08, 2007 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9549L Top...
263 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!