What would cause my aspire 5630 to shut down sporadically?
Shut down sporadically, caused by rising temperatures on the processor (processor overheat). Processor overheat, caused by damage to the processor fan. Processor fan function to reduce the processor temperature.
Possibilities and solutions
1. The possibility of sluggish processor fan. Processor fan spins, with a low speed, so it can not reduce the processor temperature.
Solution: clean the processor fan with a vacuum cleaner, or replace the processor fan.
2. The possibility of fan processor die.
Solution: replace the processor fan.
The characteristics of damage to the processor fan
After the laptop is turned off (more than 1 hour), the laptop can turn on and survive + - 30 minutes. In the period of + - 30 minutes, the laptop died suddenly, because the processor temperature exceeds safe limits (shut down temperature).
How to check
Laptop is turned off (more than 1 hour), then turn on. Download and install software to check the processor temperature. Ex. Real Temp 3.60. See the change in temperature. If the temperature continues to rise, it can certainly cause damage to the processor fan.
- Normal temperature, when first turned on + - 38oC
- Normal temperature, after turn on for hours 40oC - 45oC
- Temperature overheat processor, when first turned on 60oC - 65oC
Nov 18, 2011 |
Acer Computers & Internet