Broken pull cord
How to replace a broken pull cord on a leaf blower.
1) Remove Hex bolts holding plastic leaf blower housing in place with your hex wrench. you may want to cut the cord with scissors and loosen the bolt or screw securing the rope assemble with hex wrench or screwdriver.
2) Remove spring assembly Carefully. (DO NOT REMOVE THE SPRING ONLY REMOVE THE ASSEMBLY)
3) Remove old cord. Notice the direction the pull cord is wound. This is important in the following step
4) Wind new pull cord in the same direction you removed it, as in step 3, Make sure cord secures in the slot provided on pull and assembly.
5) Replace the pull cord pulley and place over spring.(This is the white plastic spool.)
6) Rotate the pull cord assembly 2 or 3 times in the same direction the cord pulls. (wearing safety goggles and work gloves) Reinsert the center screw by securing in in place with your screwdriver.
7) Insert the leaf blower cord into the end of the handle opening. Secure the handle by tying a knot at the bottom of the new cord.
8) Place the pull cord assembly back onto your blower in its designated area then secure by refastening the 4 hex nuts.
9) Replace the housing cover of blower and refasten the hex nuts.(the housing you removed in step 1.)
I hope this was some help to you. Good luck.
Jul 01, 2012 |
Homelite Consumer Products Backpack...