Question about GE Adora DVM1850 Microwave Oven
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: burning odor, no heat
A burning smell along with a different sound (growl) USUALLY indicates a breakdown in the High Voltage Side. This is not a direct short (short circuit) or the line fuse would have blown shutting everything down. The High Voltage Side is made up of-- The Secondary ,or High Voltage Side of The High Voltage Transformer, A High Voltage Diode, A High Voltage Capacitor, and The Magnetron. If The High Voltage Transformer is the problem it will smell like a florescent light ballast burning, and will smell each time you turn on the MW. A HV Diode burns and opens, thus no more smell. A HV Capacitor usually does not burn nor does the Magnetron. There is no Cheap-Fix unless you can see that the HV Diode is burned into and you can get to it to replace. CAUTION: Always unplug from power before attempting to repair. NOTE: If you replace a Diode make sure it goes back in the same direction it came out. Yes there is a front and back.
Posted on Jan 26, 2008
You either have a bad magnetron tube (5 or 10 year parts warranty item through GE Factory Service 1-800-432-2737 or www.geappliances.com) or a shorted high voltage rectifier. I think the light being out is a secondary problem.
Posted on Dec 20, 2008
YOUR GOING TO NEED A NEW MICROWAVE . the cap may be bad but the real bad smell you have is most likely the HV tranformer , if the magntron shorts to ground there will be a small smell if you dont pick up on that and your microwave is set to run another few mins the transformer will overheat and burn , then the fuse blows and the controls shut down . the end result , you have more parts bad than you have good . if you google " GE SPACEMAKER MICROWAVE FIRE ' you will see your not the only one , its getting to be COMMON . good luck
Posted on Mar 08, 2009
I have the same problem on my oven- model JVM1640WB and called an appliance repairman who is honest and reliable (I've used him before). He said the problem is with the electrode, to fix it is roughly $300. He recommended buying a new microwave rather than fixing it.
Posted on Mar 19, 2009
SOURCE: MICROWAVE IS NOT HEATING
HI, the actual device that produces the heat is damaged or faulty. this device is called the Magnetron. you will need to replace this part in order to restore the heating ability of this microwave oven.
Please rate and have a great day:)
Posted on May 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2013 | GE JVM1441 Microwave Oven
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....
Basic Microwave Oven Troubleshooting Tips
Mar 14, 2011 | GE JVM1790 1000 Watts Convection /...
Mar 02, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Feb 13, 2010 | GE Profile Over-the-Range Microwave
Oct 05, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Aug 17, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Dec 18, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jun 02, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jan 26, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
43 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: