How to convert MTS and M2TS files to QuickTime for editing in iMovie
Trace back to iMovie'08, Apple has announced that this bundled video editing software works with many tapeless camcorders that record to HDD, flash memory, or DVD media, including camcorders using MPEG-2 (standard definition) and AVCHD (high definition) formats. With the release of iMovie'09, it expands supported camcorder formats from MPEG-2 (standard definition), AVCHD (high definition) to MPEG-4 and H.264 formats. However, it does not mean that iMovie will be an all-pass application to any sort of camcorders and cameras. Due to the wide range of media types and the different ways manufacturers store videos on these media types, Apple has reminded users that not all tapeless camcorders are compatible with iMovie'08 and iMovie'09. AVCHD camcorders which capture footages in the format of .mts/m2ts are among this range to some extent.
To make it possible for Mac users to edit MTS/M2TS files shot by AVCHD cameras in iMovie, this guide will provide a solution to the problem of how to convert MTS/M2TS files to QuickTime on Mac for editing in iMovie.
What you will need is Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac
. Read on the following contents to find out a step-by-step instruction. Step 1: Click "Add" button to import MTS/M2TS files to this program Step 2: Select QuickTime (*.mov) as output format for iMovie
Click on the drop-down list of "Format", and follow "Common Video" > "MOV-QuickTime (*.mov)". Step 3: Set advanced settings
Click on "Settings" button, and afterwards you can adjust audio and video parameters including video/audio codec, resolution, video/audio bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel on the following window.
By the way, if you’d like to combine all the added files to be as a single file, you can tick the checkbox "Merge into one file" to realize it. Also, if you do not want to use the default save path, you can click "Browse" button to look for and specify a destination folder. Step 4: Convert
After the above steps are done, you can click "Convert" button to start conversion. And you can click "Open" button to get the generated QuickTime .mov files effortlessly. Afterwards, just import the output files to iMovie for editing. Click here to see How to edit videos in iMovie
. Additional Tips:
1. The program adopts advanced audio and video sync technology, and never lets your video and audio go in separate way.
2. This program optimizes its conversion speed with multi-thread technology, so that you can convert MTS/M2TS AVCHD files 1.5 or 2 times faster than other similar programs.
3. Its trim and crop functions allow you to select the proper time length for MTS/M2TS videos, as well as cut off any unwanted areas.
4. It Provides users with simple gauss blur effect, which is very useful to recorded files, since it can eliminate the noise of recorded videos. If you like, you can also add other special effects including simple laplacian sharpen, gray, flip color, invert, aged film, etc. to your video files.
5. It allows users to add various watermarks, such as text watermark, image watermark, GIF animation watermark and video watermark.