PS3 controller won't turn on, even when plugged into the PS3
My controller was working fine, then I didn't use it for about 2 days. When I went to use it, I hit the PS button in the middle to turn it on, but it wouldn't. I thought the battery was dead, but when I plugged it into the PS3 to charge it, it still wouldn't turn on.
I've only had my PS3 for about a year, but since it was a gift, I don't have the receipt. It's not beaten up or anything, but some of the paint is worn off from using it, and I doubt any store will exchange it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Is the controller completely charged? If it is, then try this
1) Manually turn on your PS3 using the power button on the PS3. 2) Take your USB charger for your controller and plug it into the USB port. (Do NOT turn on your controller yet!) 3) Plug the controller into the charger that is connected to the PS3 USB port. 4) Now turn on your controller using the middle "PS" button.
The lights will flash for a few seconds, and that will sync your controller to that particular PS3 system. This might help :D
Same thing here. I DONT KNOW IFTHIS WILL WORK FOR YOU, BUT I...cleaned both ends of the usb cable with a Q-tip and a tiny bit of alcohol. Then i swabbed the female port of the controller. I NEVER TOUCHED THE PS3. i was asfraid of doing damage. Went back online for solution tips, 10 minutes later i realized my controller lights were blinking and charging again. Hope it works for you.
This sounds a similar problem what I had. My PS3 did not start the disk based games.
Those disk based games were not visible in the game menu.
I did not
have problems with the normal movie DVDs or Movie Blu Rays. Those were
working fine. Also downloaded games were working ok.
In case you have the similar problem, you should try the following steps;
The PS3 has a special Recovery Menu, which you can access in the following way;:
1. Turn off Playstation 3. 2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again. 3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps 4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button. 5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button 6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION 3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION 3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION 3 System
Select option "Rebuild Database".
PS3 has executed the DB rebuilding operation, the disc games will be
visible again in the menu and are starting automatically when inserted
I just fixed mine. The controller itself needs to be reset. There is a reset button on the back of the controller, above the top right hand corner of the square with all on the information and barcode. Press it with a sharp tipped object while still connected to the PS3 via USB cable. Then press the PS button and you should be back on wirelessly.