Question about Televison & Video
I have a replacement lamp and require procedure for replacing.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Replacing LCD Lamp
The lamp may not be the defective part as the ballast board has been known to cause problems with this model - Part#6913v00002c You didn't mention how long you have used the set, and I believe the lamp should last at least 4000 hours. The lamp is usually replaced by opening a door by taking out one or two screws in the back or side of the set.
Posted on Dec 29, 2006
SOURCE: hello, i would like to
Quick answer = NO.
As projection TV lamps generally have a life somewhere between 3,000 - 6,000hrs (depending on lamp quality/type), the lamp timer is simply there to assist you in determining when the current lamp is due for replacement.
Resetting the lamp timer has no effect what so ever, on the longevity of the lamp.
The Lamp Timer Reset function is hidden within the Service menu and as such, technicians are usually the only ones who are authorised to reset the timer.
However, the following procedure has been known to reset LG lamp timers:
1. With the TV on, press and hold the MENU button on the TV front panel.
2. While holding that button, press and hold the MENU button on your remote.
3. Hold both buttons for ~5 seconds until the service menu comes up on the TV.
4. Release the remote MENU button first, then the TV MENU button.
5. While holding that button, press and hold the MUTE button on the remote.
6. Press and hold the ENTER (or OK) button on the TV front panel.
7. Hold both buttons until the Lamp Life Hours show up on your TV screen.
8. Release the MUTE button first, then the ENTER button on the TV front panel.
9. Make a note of the lamp hours if you want.
10. To reset the lamp hours, press the SELECT button (the one between the four arrow keys with two concentric circles on it) on your remote.
11. It will ask you to confirm the reset--press SELECT again to confirm
"If this has resloved your problem, please be kind enough to rate this solution and/or leave a testimonial"
Posted on Sep 19, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 13, 2014 | Televison & Video
Sep 19, 2011 | Televison & Video
Nov 09, 2010 | Sony Televison & Video
May 13, 2010 | Sony Grand WEGA KDF-60WF655 60" Rear...
Feb 16, 2010 | LG RU-60SZ30 60" Rear Projection...
May 05, 2009 | Zenith D52WLCD 52" Rear Projection...
Oct 03, 2008 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
13 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: