Question about Epson CX7800 Stylus Color All-In-One Printer
After the paper pulled in the paper sota one side first, I went & pulled the paper (all in the paper holder) backwards & then it wouldn't work at all. It had a message come into the little display - it said "E-90 -call for service" I talked to Epson on the web & the phone. They had me unplug from computer to printer, then from the power. Wait & try turning it on again. I did this 3 times & no correction of the code E-90 nor running. Is there something I can fix myself or is it unrepairable by me?
Pulling paper out of a printer "backwards" will usually break a gear that is made to feed the paper in one direction.
Epson should be able to sell you the new gear and also when you order it - ask for the installation information or Service Manual to cover the replacement of the broken gear!! It helps a lot in putting the new gear in.
Posted on Jun 18, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 13, 2014 | Sharp Microwave Ovens
Do not touch the clear film (A). If the paper or your hands touch these parts and blot or scratch them, the machine can be damaged.
3. Make sure that the FINE cartridge holder does not hang over the paper. If the FINE cartridge holder hangs over the paper, move the FINE cartridge holder to the right edge or the left edge whichever is easier to remove the paper. When you move the FINE cartridge holder, hold the FINE cartridge holder and slide it slowly to the right edge or the left edge.
4. Hold the jammed paper with your hands.
If the edge of paper is jammed near the paper output slot, pull the edge of paper to the position where you can hold it with your hands.
5. Pull the paper slowly not to tear it, then pull the paper out.
6. Make sure that all the jammed paper is removed. If the paper is torn, a piece of paper may remain inside the machine. Check the following and remove the piece of paper if it remains.
7. Close the paper output cover, then reload the paper.
All print jobs in the queue are canceled. Reprint if necessary.
Jul 21, 2014 | Epson LX-300+ II Matrix Printer
May 01, 2017 | HEWLETT-PACKARD HP Pavilion dv6-3025dx...
Jan 03, 2011 | Sharp EL-1197PIII Calculator
Dec 19, 2010 | Sharp EL-1801AII Calculator
Aug 13, 2009 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Jun 13, 2009 | Black & Decker QS800 2.0 Amp 1/4 Sheet...
Apr 16, 2009 | Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-3360c...
Apr 08, 2009 | Brother HL-2070N Laser Printer
Aug 18, 2018 | Xerox Office Equipment & Supplies
121 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: