Question about Panasonic NNSN977S Stainless Steel 1250 Watts Microwave Oven
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The fuse will be a white or gray ceramic fuse, and you really can't tell if it's blown without actually measuring it. If a new fuse blows when you hit START, you probably have a shorted high voltage capacitor. If you have replaced the fuse and still have no display, then it sounds like there's a problem on the control board. The control board has a built-in surge protector which can short (and smoke) and when it does, it will cut the power to the control board, but not blow the fuse. We repair these nationwide for only $39.95 postpaid. If you or a friend want to check it out or send the control unit in for serivce, we have *critical* safety and disassembly info at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
Posted on Mar 02, 2007
SOURCE: Panasonic NN-P294SF dead
Yes, there will be a fuse and also on or above the magnetron, there will be a thermal cutout or thermostat, and one on the top of the cavity.
But here is our long answer on a dead microwave:
A microwave can be dead for many reasons.
If the fuse is good, it may be an open thermostat or thermal cutout / thermal fuse on or near the magnetron or on top of the cavity / body of the oven.
If it goes dead for a while during or after cooking then comes back on, the magnetron is probably overheating and causing the magnetron thermostat to open. Then when it cools, it closes the circuit and allows power through again.
When checking thermostats, if it has a hood fan thermostat, that should read open, as opposed to the others, which should read closed.
If it went dead almost immediately after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a shorted high-voltage capacitor.
If it went dead a few seconds after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a failing high-voltage transformer.
If it goes dead or blows the breaker when you plug it in or open or close the door, then there's a problem with a door switch or door switch mount.
If it's intermittent or random, it may be a bad connection, usually on the control board or a loose fuse holder, or even an intermittent fuse.
You should do a continuity test on the fuse while it's in the holder (with the microwave unplugged, of course) then turn the fuse by hand or take it out and put it back in, then test it again.
If you remove the fuse, then press the meter leads against the ends, it can allow internal contact to be made and make a bad fuse appear to be good.
If you or someone you know decide to look into it, we have critical safety information and disassembly information at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
Please feel free to contact me directly if you need more help.
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
William E. Miller, AS-EET
Posted on May 22, 2008
is usually caused by either a bad door switch or a loose door switch
mount, which are pretty simple problems to fix.
Even though a door switch clicks, it may still be bad inside.
Door switch or mount trouble is usually caused by slamming the door or by opening the door while it's cooking without hitting the Stop pad first.
There are plastic mounts inside the microwave which hold the door switches and onto which the door latches lock when you close the door.
The screws on these mounts may be loose. If they get too loose, the switches will not be activated properly.
Sometimes it's a broken tab on the switch holder, allowing the switch to rotate just out of position. This tab can be hard to see, since it is under the bottom edge of the switch.
If the switch mount is broken, it's usually more economical and safer to add a dab or two of hot glue to the mount to secure the switch. Let it cool for about 30 minutes before using.
One test that sometimes helps is to gently lift up (and/or push down) on the door or handle as you try to start it. If it works or tries to work, then it's a door switch mount or door alignment issue.
If you only need a switch, you can order a universal type here for $5 postpaid.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Oct 11, 2009
Testimonial: "THIS SOUNDS LIKE EXACTLY WHAT THE MICROWAVE IS DOING.. I BELIEVE NOW IT MAY BE WORTH REPAIRING. THANKS"
most microwaves do have an internal ceramic fuse either 15 amp or 20 amp the cover has to come off to locate it usually at the top just behind the control board. do not touch the high voltage capacitor as it holds a charge even when the unit is unplugged.
Posted on Nov 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 03, 2017 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens
Jan 05, 2016 | Microwave Ovens
Jul 07, 2014 | Panasonic Nn-sn797s Countertop Microwave...
Mar 23, 2014 | Panasonic NNH965BF Microwave Oven
Aug 09, 2011 | Panasonic NN-H764 Microwave Oven
Jan 28, 2010 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens
Aug 15, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 27, 2009 | Panasonic NN-S252WF Microwave Oven
Mar 02, 2007 | Panasonic NN-S789 Microwave Oven
21 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: