An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
Re: PSP Wireless connection error
Well if its ur houses connection then you need it add a security code.. if you are staeling a connection people set it up so people arent allowed on to there network, im asuming you dont have ur own internet so that is the problem sorry
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Connecting your PSP to the internet is just like connecting your computer to a router. First to consider is having an access point. So what is an access point? Access point is your router. If you wanted to get started going online using your PSP I suggest trying the following steps below:
1. Just turn on your PSP as well as your WLAN/wiresless.
2. Use the left and right directional button to find "Network Setting".
3. Now look for "Infrastracture Mode".
4. Please select "New Connection" and name it.
5. Go to "WLAN Settings" then select "Scan".
6. Your PSP will now detect your router.
7. Navigate to "WLAN security setting". Just leave the option "NONE", If you dont have an encryption in your Router set up.
8. But if have an encryption in your Router. Then put your WEP or WPA security key.
9. Go to "Address Settings". Select "Easy".
10. Navigate to "Setting List". Check if your setting is correct.
11. Go to the next page then save your setting by pressing x. Then press x again once you get a message that says "Save Completed. Test Connection".
12. Next message would say "connecting to access point." The next should say "obtaining IP address".
You already established a connection and you can now browse the net using your PSP.
First of all check if your wireless router requires (WEP KEY) to establish a connection then you will have to put same (WEP KEY) in PSP WLAN security setting and if your wireless router is set without (WEP KEY) then in PSP WLAN security setting it should be set to None. kindly refer to the following image.
Open a brower window on your computer, preferably Internet explorer.
Enter the IP address of the router (Ex: 192.168.1.1)
Upon entering the IP address of
the router in the browser it should direct you to your router box. If
this does not happen then most likely your router box has been
configured to a different IP address. To get this IP number run the
Now in the routher settings navigate within your router's settings dialog and locate "Wirless Settings"
Check if you are assigned a SSID
Check your region
You should be on Channel 11. Sometimes the channel could different, in such situations make sure you are on the same channel.
Check if "Allow Broadcast of Name (SSID)" is enabled
Check if "Enable Wireless access point" is enabled
Set authentication as "Open system". You will find this option under "Security Encryption (WEP)"
Set strength of encryption as "Disabled"
Now click on "Wireless Card Access List". You may need to provide your password again.
Make sure "Turn on Access control" option is turned off "Disabled"
You should now see your PSP
listed. No, you dont see then on your psp, go to "system settings" and
then to "system information". You will see MAC address, now make a note
of this MAC address.
Now in "Wireless Card Access List"
select "Add". If you are not able to do this then enter the PSP's MAC
address and click "Finish/Apply" when done.
In WAN settings, verify that "Connect Automatically as required" is enabled
In "LAN TCP/IP Settings" make note
of all of the information included. You may need this later. You may
not, but it's a good idea to take note of it now.
Under "Router Status" make note of all the relevant information included here as well. You may or may not need it.
Temporarily connect to the router with a cable and reconfigure it to use a different wireless channel. While you're there, this is a good time to change your security mode - WEP is dangerously weak and you should switch to WPA unless you have a very good reason not to.
If all else fails, there's a reset switch (hidden inside a hole) on the back of the router.
Hi! all wireless routers can connect up to 30 to 50 wireless device. If your computer, your play station3 and the other psp is not timing out.. there is a possibility that there is a problem on the wireless capability of the other psp that ur having a problem.. check the wireless settings of your other psp and match it with the other psp that is giving u a problem. check also the wireless settings of your router, there are some router that you can connect only specifi device by assigning the mac address of the device that u want to connect to the wireless network..