When I try to print with the C7180 printer highlighted, it says "error" under the printer name, and it won't print. If I scroll down to 7100 printer, it says "ready" and the item prints. Then the 7180 is...
Please perform the steps below to set the printer as default if you are using Windows XP Operating System:
1. Open the printers folder:
a. On the Windows taskbar, click Start , and then click Control Panel .
b. Click Printers and Other Hardware .
NOTE: This step is not necessary in XP Classic View.
c. Click Printers and Faxes .
2. Find the printer icon for your product and then look for a black checkmark to indicate that it is the default printer ( ).
If the product is not the default printer, right-click the correct printer icon, and then click Set as Default Printer .
3. Right-click the name of the product and click Properties .
4. Make sure that the product uses the correct port and driver:
a. Click the Ports tab.
b. Make sure that the USB00X or DOT4_00X check box is selected next to the name of the product, where X is the port number.
c. Click the Advanced tab.
d. In the Driver drop-down list, select the correct model number.
5. Make sure that the program from which you are printing is sending the print job to the correct product:
i. Open the program from which you are printing.
ii. Click File , and then click Print .
If the correct product displays in the Name drop-down list, proceed to the next step.
If the correct product does not display in the Name drop-down list, select the correct product, and then click OK to print.
Oct 02, 2009 |
HP Photosmart C7180 All-In-One InkJet...