Canon IP2600 Ink absorber replaced and i am still get the error message. I have been told that the count needs to be reset. this is done with a button sequence on the printer. Does anyone have this...
1) With the printer power turned off, while pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press and hold the Power button. (DO NOT release the buttons. The LED lights in
green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (DO NOT release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 2 times, and then release both the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the
Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.)
4) When the LED lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the specified number of time(s) according to the function listed in the table below. (Each time
the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.)
5) After the function (menu) is selected, press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the selected function is performed. (When the operation completes,
the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
Function Procedures Remarks
Service test print
- Model name
- ROM version
- USB serial number
- Waste ink amount
- CD-R sensor correction
See "Service mode operation procedures" below. Set a sheet of A4- , letter-, or larger-sized paper.
For print sample, see 3-4. Verification Items, (1) Service
test print, <Service test print sample>.
EEPROM initialization See "Service mode operation procedures" below. The following items are NOT initialized:
- USB serial number
- Destination settings
- Waste ink counter
- CD-R correction value
Waste ink counter reset See "Service mode operation procedures" below. If the waste ink amount is 7% or more, replace the bottom
case unit, or the ink absorbers.
Destination settings See "Service mode operation procedures" below. Other than Japan: iP4000
Time(s) LED Function Remarks
0 times Green Power off When the print head is not installed, the carriage returns and locks
in the home position.
1 time Orange Service test print See 3-4. Verification Items, (1) Service test print.
2 times Green EEPROM information print See 3-4. Verification Items, (2) EEPROM information print.
3 times Orange EEPROM initialization
4 times Green Waste ink counter resetting
5 times Orange Destination settings Proceed to the step 5), and follow the Destination settings
6 times Green Print head deep cleaning
7 times Green CD-R test print Not used in servicing.
8 times Orange CD-R print position correction
(horizontal) Not used in servicing.
9 times Green CD-R print position correction
(vertical) Not used in servicing.
Hope that helps!
Jan 10, 2011 |
Canon Pixma iP2600 Photo InkJet Printer