Question about Dryers
Silver bracket inside the dryer
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: inside dryer silver flaking off
If you need a new drum. Follow the instructions below.
Ordered drum from Sears parts. 3045EL1002D
Cost of 85$ + 15 to ship. It came in 5 days.
Here is how to do it on a DLE2514W. Takes about an hour. I only used a phillips screw
driver. Take your time and look over the situation. I hope that I rememberd
everything. Good luck.
Dryer Drum Repair
Dryer Drum Repair
1. Remove L bracket with 6 screws at the top, rear.
2. Slide top back 2 inches to unlatch and remove.
3. Remove control panel with 2 screws at top, inside corners.
4. Carefully unplug 4 plugs from back of control panel.
5. Looking at inside at the top. Remove wiring bundle from 2 guides.
6. Unplug wire from dryer light.
7. Open dryer door and unscrew 2 screws behind door just below lint trap.
8. Remove 4 screws at top of front panel that holds the door.
9. Lift up front panel to remove. I couldn't get the door switch plug to disconnect
so I carefully rotated it an set it on top of the dryer.
10. Remove upper case bracket with 2 screws in front and 2 screws inside at top.
11. slide up a bit to unlock from sides. Watch routing of dryer switch wire bundle.
12. Remove lint trap duct with 2 machine screws. Carefully slide down to remove.
13. Remove front drum support with 4 screws attached to sides. Lift up to disengage
sides. Lift drum to free from rollers.
14. Observe how drive belt is routed around motor and tension roller. Push tension
roller up and release belt. Carefully take belt off and remove.
15. Almost done. Lift drum up at rear to free from rear rollers. Remove.
16. While your're there vacuume up dust and reverse procedure to install.
Posted on Apr 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 05, 2017 | Indesit Dryers
Mar 14, 2015 | Dryers
Dec 17, 2014 | Candy Dryers
Sep 23, 2014 | Dryers
Jul 08, 2014 | Dryers
Sep 23, 2010 | Maytag Neptune MDE5500AY Electric Dryer
Aug 01, 2010 | Maytag Atlantis MDE7400AY Electric Dryer
May 24, 2010 | Maytag Atlantis MDE7400AY Electric Dryer
Feb 26, 2010 | Hoover Dryers
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!