Question about Washing Machines

1 Answer

Can a knob and tube be remove without cutting off power or getting shocked

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 2,509 Answers

If the knob and tube you refer to are external to the machine then yes, BUT POWER MUST BE DISCONNECTED FOR ANYTHING INSIDE THE MACHINE.

Posted on Apr 17, 2014


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do I remove peugeot 306 gear knob

If it's the original knob then you have to remove the gaiter housing (the leather thing around the stick for novices) as the knob extends to under the gaiter and no amount of pulling will remove it without doing this first. It's easy to remove just by lifting from the long edges first and it slips out. The gaiter is secured into the middle of the bottom of the knob by a zippy tie that you have to cut. You can then just pull the whole knob up with a little bit of force but it slips up revealing a white plastic shaft

Jan 24, 2017 | Peugeot 306 Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Stelton oil lamp wick

remove the tube from the light and feed the wick up from the bottom and turn the adjuster knob as you push it in
cut the wick so that you have an un -frayed/ un-burnt end
the tube is normally larger at the bottom to allow the wick to line up as it is adjusted , but tight at he top to restrict the flame from going back down into the reservoir

Dec 14, 2015 | Stelton A/S Stelton Oil lamp with clear...

1 Answer

Electric jenn air cooktop shocking me JED8430BDB

Knob is probably split/damaged and the hi voltage from igniter is running through it , remove knob inspect it and clean or replace it.

Mar 09, 2014 | Jenn-Air Cooktops

1 Answer

PL-L50 Pioneer direct drive turntable playing records as if it had a bad belt speed variations in playback, but direct drive has no belts of course. What could be making my records playback speed...

If there is a speed adjustment for 45 and 33 rpm records the contacts or pots need to be sprayed with some electronic cleaner to remove any dust. This is done by removing the bottom of the player and finding the control knobs inside. Electronic cleaner can be found at Radio Shack for around $10 for a large can. It does not take much. Just spay inside the control knobs inside the unit. You will find a small hole where you can put the spray tube that comes with the cleaner. Work the "pots" or knobs back and forth several times to loosen any residue inside the knob casing. Be careful not to shock yourself by removing the bottom. If you are not use to working on electronics it may be better to let someone else with more knowledge tackle the job.

Dec 02, 2010 | Pioneer Audio Players & Recorders

2 Answers

Where is the heater motor

You can get to it from the engine compartment, but you have to cut the cover off. There is an indented line showing where to cut. See picture below.

  1. For the 3.1L engine, remove the alternator belt, then remove the alternator and position aside.
  2. For the 2.5L and 3.3L engines, remove the power steering pressure hose from the power steering pump.
  3. For the 3.0L engine, remove the serpentine belt.
  4. For the 3.0L and 3.3L engines, remove the retaining bolts from the power steering pump bracket, then set the pump aside.
  5. Detach the blower electrical connector, then, if accessible, remove the cooling tube.
When cutting the blower motor cover, make the cut just the thickness of the cover, which is1/ 8 inch (2mm) thick. Cutting deeper than that may damage the cooling tube.

For 1992-98 vehicles, partially cut the blower motor case cover, as shown on the cover. Cutting completely around the cover is NOT required. Swing the cut potion of the cover down.


  1. If previously accessible, disconnect the cooling tube.
  2. Unfasten the attaching screws/bolts and remove the blower motor from the case.
  1. If necessary, remove the fan from the blower motor.
  2. The installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
  3. If the case was cut during removal, secure the cover using the three retaining clips. Tighten the blower motor screws to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
  4. Connect the negative battery cable, then start the engine and check the blower motor for proper operation.

Dec 01, 2010 | 1997 Pontiac Grand Am

1 Answer

Knobs wrinkle on my LG LGR30855ST range.

The plastic shaft on the knobs split and loosen. I have the solution for that, but I need one metal insert that goes over the gas valve shaft and into the knob. For those that have the split knobs. This a bit of work but it works great. Remove the two screws from the back of each knob. Go to a hardware store and find the thin brass tubing that most have. Pick the tube that just about fits over the plastic shaft. It will fit over the tip but will not slide down the shaft all the way. Now pick a brass washer that the tube almost fits into. (You have to do a bit of tooling on both the washer and the plastic shafts. What you will end up with is a brass tube soldered to the washer that fits over the plastic shaft and is screwed to the metal insert in the knob from the inside. First take the tube and file across the top of the tube to make teeth. Now slide the cutter tube down each shaft while rotating it. This cuts the shaft to exactley fit the tube. Drill the washer to also exactly fit tube and cut or file the washer to fit into the knob at the bottom of the shaft. Cut the tubes to length, press fit them into each washer (this should be very tight and solder each washer to the tubes. Place the soldered unit on to the plastic shaft of the knob. Drill two number 4/40 size screw holes into the washer. One on each side of the shaft. Just start the drill into the metal insert. Do not drill through now. Remove the metal insert. (take a small screw driver and put it into the space on either side of the metal part of the knob. Not between the metal and the plastic knob though. that may break the plastic. The metal insert comes out fairly easy. Once it is out finish drilling the holes with a 4/40 tap drill. Tap the drilled hole with a 4/40 tap to make threads. Screw the tube and washer assembly to the metal insert. The screws should be flush with the back of the metal insert. Place the metal insert back in the knob. You now have a sleeved knob that will never break again. This is how it should have been made in the first place. I did this in a few hours on a Sunday afternoon. The parts including the 4/40 drill and tape were about $13. It is not as hard as it reads. LG has a quality issue, but does not want to step up to it.

Oct 19, 2009 | LG LRG30855ST Stainless Steel Gas Range

1 Answer

Easiest way to change a spring on the rear shock on 06 demo 8

The easy way is the only way, you have to remove the shock from the frame, unscrew the spring and its perch should slide over the shaft at the rebound knob end (red knob). Be careful not to nick or scratch that shaft on the way in or out!! Put everything back together, screw the spring down so that the perch (support plate) has it's little slot in top of the red knob and the last bit of the coil (the part that is cut) is on the other side of the perch. Torque it down to 120in/lbs and go a ride!

Oct 07, 2009 | Specialized Bicycle Components Specialized...

2 Answers


Hi, Sorry but nobody wants to give bad news. There is a tube that comes from the control knob to the orifice that controls the amount of gas to the burners, my guess without being able to look at it is that the orifice broke at the connection to the tube and the flames are shooting back toward the knob. However it is possible that the venturi opening ( the screened part on the burner tube that sets on the orifice ) became dislodged. Either way you need to remove the grate, remove the burner assembly and then look ( under the cart from the back) at the tube and orifice for damage. You do not indicate how old any of this is and they do rust out. Parts are available but you have to determine if based on age and damage you want to replace any of it or all of it. If you inspect it and find something that you think you can fix you can get back to us for more help. If it is as simple as the dislodged tube and the parts are OK, reseat it and check it out. I wish you the best of Luck!

Feb 05, 2009 | Char-Broil 463220004 Grill

1 Answer

Blurry screen

There is a focus adjustment inside on a part called the flyback transformer. It's located toward the back of the circuit board, and you'll know which part it is by the red cable going from it to a connection on the picture tube. The flyback generally has two small adjustment knobs on it. The focus knob is the upper one. Slightly turning this one way or the other may improve the focus a bit, but usually a sudden loss of focus means either the flyback or the picture tube has failed. Either of these is cause to treat yourself to a new monitor. You can buy 17-inch flat screens now for less than $150 at regular prices, and sometimes you'll catch a good sale at the office stores.

If you choose to try the focus adjustment, BE VERY CAREFUL!!

1) You have to remove the back of the monitor and work with the power on. Parts inside, especially the picture tube, can give you a very nasty shock AND EVEN KILL YOU.

2) Be very careful where you are putting your fingers when working on a live set. Make sure you have a safe grip on the adjustment knob first, THEN look at the screen while you adjust it. Don't go blindly reaching around.

Aug 31, 2008 | HP Compaq FS7600 17" CRT Monitor

1 Answer


I had same problem. There is a tube on the drivers side door on the bottom. The tube contains a bunch of wires. You need to remove the tube and make sure your connections are not loose. My husband thought he could do it without taking the tube off but you cant. You reallly need to check all the wiring from the tube located on the bottom of your door.

Jun 10, 2008 | 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Not finding what you are looking for?
Washing Machines Logo

Related Topics:

12 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Washing Machines Experts

Gerry Harvey
Gerry Harvey

Level 3 Expert

1466 Answers


Level 3 Expert

76164 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

15691 Answers

Are you a Washing Machine Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides