Question about Microwave Ovens
Possible causes - door switch failure or not being activated, high voltage rectifier failure, magnetron failure, high voltage capacitor shorted, high voltage transformer failure, or high voltage transformer not receiving 120 v from controlling component. If unit emitted odor before failing, high voltage rectifier or transformer are most likely. These units operate on 4000 v, or more, and can have this voltage present on the capacitor (even when not plugged in or running) . If you are unfamiliar with proper test procedures, best to find someone who is. Pople can, and have been, electrocuted working on these!
Posted on Apr 17, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2016 | Sunbeam Microwave Ovens
Mar 04, 2015 | Sunbeam Microwave Ovens
Feb 17, 2015 | Sunbeam Microwave Ovens
Aug 15, 2010 | Sunbeam SBM1000 Microwave Oven
Mar 11, 2010 | Sunbeam Microwave Ovens
Jan 25, 2010 | Sunbeam SMW777 Microwave Oven
Sep 07, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Oct 27, 2007 | Microwave Ovens
44 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!