P-B Companion 590 Oxygen Concentrator is beeping. What should we check and fix to repair the unit? Can you provide a link to the manual or troubleshooting guide for this unit?
Thank you for your...
When these units are beeping it indicates they are basically not running. So you first need to ensure who ever is using it has access to o2 if they require. There isn't much you can do to fix these at home. You can first try going over the following. Not really that helpful but might help you sort it out. If you can't spot anything obvious ie unplugged no power etc then first contact anyone local such as the medical supply place. That would get you the fastest repair or help. If you don't have one of those to call then don't be afraid to call the 1-800 number below and ask the company.
The local company or even your doctor might be able to help you get bottled O2 while your unit is getting fixed.
If there is an audible alarm -- concentrator is not running:
• Is unit plugged into a working outlet?
• Check circuit breaker
-- Right side of unit, behind a small door on the Companion 590 and 429a
-- Back of the unit on the Companion 492
-- Between the on/off switch and flow meter
If there is an audible alarm -- concentrator is running:
• Concentrator cannot be fixed by consumer
• Call 314.362.0720 or toll-free 800.456.9366
There is a visual alarm on the Companion 590 with oxygen concentration indicator:
• Green Light -- Normal -- Oxygen concentrations are correct
• Yellow Light -- Below Normal -- Oxygen concentrations have fallen below an acceptable level
• Red Light -- Not Operating -- Oxygen is no longer being produced; audible alarm will sound and concentrator will shut down
Apr 04, 2011 |
Health & Beauty