Question about Belkin Computers & Internet
My router blue light flashes then goes red. I have not internet connection. I have tried unplugging and re plugging in. No different.
Do a hard reset,usually there is a button on the back of the router.With power plugged in,press and hold reset button 15 sec. then without releasing button remove power plug and hold an additional 15 sec.,then plug power cord back in and hold an additional 15 sec. After that release the reset button and it should reset to default.You may need to do this a few times but it should solve your issue.
Posted on Apr 18, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: dsl light flashes red constantly
Whenever your dsl light on the 2wire modem turns red,it only means that there is a problem with the dsl connection to the modem. Here are some ways on how you can isolate the problem
1. check if your modem is properly connected to the phone jack by unplugging and replugging you phone cable
2. try to reboot the modem
3. if still getting the same lights, contact your ISP
Posted on Jan 14, 2009
SOURCE: no internet connection
I received this solution from Belkin. It worked for me & I hope it does for you. Good luck!
Please follow the details given below:
1. Please contact your internet service provider to know the connection type details (Is it PPPOA,PPPOE, Dynamic or static)
2. Belkin router F5D8633 ADSL router works only with ADSL broadband connection and does not support Cable broadband connection.
3. Do not use the Setup CD Assistant; reset the unit and configure it manually. Make sure to set the correct VPI/VCI values in the process as the default settings may not be correct.
4. When using PPPoA, always use VcMux encapsulation, when using PPPoE, always use LLC encapsulation. Keep the VPI and VCI as 0/38.
5. Please follow the instructions given below to configure the router manually:
- Connect the phone line direct to the router, or through the filter.
- Connect the computer to one of the LAN ports on the router.
- Switch off the router and power it back after 5 seconds.
- Restore the router to factory defaults by holding down the reset button on the back of the router.
- The power light will flash and then come back ON solid, indicating that the router is being restored to factory defaults.
- The corresponding lights on the router should be lit-up.
- Check if the computer has an IP address in the range of 192.168.2.x
- Click on `start` & click `Run`.
- Type in `cmd` & click `ok`.
- Type `ipconfig` and Enter. Check for IP address, subnet mask & Default Gateway.
- If not, specify a static IP address, gateway and DNS by following the steps at http://web.belkin.com/support/kb/kb.asp?a=2824
Then follow the below instructions to reset IE.
-Open Internet Explorer
-Click on Tools -> Internet Options
-In the General tab, click on Delete Files under Temporary Internet Files
-Click on Clear History
-In the Connections tab, select Never Dial A Connection and click on LAN settings
-Uncheck all the options and click on OK
-In the Advanced tab, click on Restore Defaults
-Click on Apply and then OK.
- Open a new Internet Explorer window and on the address bar please type in http://192.168.2.1 and click on go.
- You should be able to access the routers set up page.
- By default the password is blank.
- Click on Connection Type and Reconfigure the connection on the router (using your ISP details).
- Save the Changes.
Note: Please obtain the correct values regarding the Internet connection from your Internet Service Provider.
Internet Status should show Connected on the top right hand corner of the web page.
If the problem persists, please get back to us with the following information given below:
1. Type of connection provided by the ISP (Is it PPPOA,PPPOE, Dynamic or static)
2. The ADSL light status on the router. Please let us know if the ADSL light status on the router is solid or flashing.
3. ADSL broadband connection or Cable broadband connection.
4. Operating system on the computer and the version number for the internet explorer like IE 6 or IE 7.
5. Internet Status shows as Connected or Disconnected on the top right hand corner of the router web page.
Log on to the router web interface at http://192.168.2.1
- By default, the password is blank.
- Click on Security log under "Firewall" option (let us know the message you see under the security log or send us the screen short of the message you see under the security log)
6. Then, check the IP address of the computer. For checking the IP address:
- Click on start & click `Run`.
- Type in cmd & click `ok`.
- Type IPCONFIG and Enter. Check for IP address, subnet mask & Default gateway.
- The IP address should be in the range of 192.168.2.x (x=2 to 254)
- In the command prompt type PING 192.168.2.1 & Enter. Check if you are getting replies.
- Type, PING 184.108.40.206 & press Enter. Check if you are getting replies.
- Try pinging yahoo by typing PING yahoo.com and Enter. Check if you are getting replies.
Posted on Jan 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 29, 2012 | Arris Nvg510 At&t U-verse Modem Gateway...
Dec 30, 2010 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Jul 10, 2010 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Apr 28, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 17, 2008 | NetGear WGR614 Router
Dec 06, 2008 | Westell Wirespeed VersaLink...
Nov 13, 2008 | 2wire HomePortal 1000HW DSL Modem and...
Oct 20, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 10, 2007 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
122 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: