Question about Vehicle Parts & Accessories
I have a 2000 Silverado with an aftermarket alarm. It has Express written on the keyfob, which I assume is the brand name, but no model number. I purchased another keyfob for it online, but can't find the programming instructions any where. Express alarms does not come up if you do a goggle search. Do you know how to program this keyfob? Thanks, Eddie Garland
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
YOU can call prestige tech support at 1800 225 5074.. or just put the key in the ignition turn the key all the way to the right without starting the car then flip the vallet switch usually located at the bottom of the dash drivers side, flip the switch on and off three times, you will hear a chirp then you should press the first button on the remote for 2 seconds then flip the swith on and off one more time , then press the second button the remote for 2 seconds then flip the switch again on and off one more time then press the 3rd button on the remote for 2 seconds... After which... remove the key from the ignition and your done... Try the remote to see if it works the way it should if not do it all over again..
Posted on Oct 22, 2008
SOURCE: programming the APS02BT2 remote
TO PROGRAM ADDITIONAL TRANSMITTERS:
1. Enter the vehicle, and turn the ignition key to the "on" position.
2. Press and release the valet push-button switch three times.
3. The dash LED will flash once, and the siren will "chirp" once, indicating the system is ready to accept programming for channel 1 or the arm/disarm and panic functions.
4. You can assign any of the three transmitter button functions listed below to channel 1.
a. Pressing button #1 on the keychain transmitter.
b. Pressing button #2 on the keychain transmitter.
c. Pressing both buttons simultaneously on the keychain transmitter.
5. Press and hold the selected choice a, b, or c above, until the siren emits a long "chirp" to confirm that programming of channel 1 was successful.
6. Press and release the valet push-button switch one time.
7. The dash mounted LED will flash 2 times, and the siren will "chirp" indicating that the system is ready to accept programming for the unlock/panic channel.(If you desire one button to control lock & unlock, move on to step 9)
8. Press and hold the selected remaining choice a, b, or c above, until the siren emits a long "chirp" to confirm that programming of unlock channel was successful.
9. Press and release the valet push-button switch one time.
10. The dash mounted LED will flash 3 times, and the siren will "chirp" indicating that the system is ready to accept programming for channel2, or the pulsed ground output for remote trunk release, remote car starter, etc.
11. Press and hold the selected remaining choice a, b, or c above, until the siren emits a long "chirp" to confirm that programming of channel 2 was successful.
12. Press and release the valet push-button switch one time.
13. The dash mounted LED will flash 4 times, and the siren will "chirp" indicating that the system is ready to accept programming for channel 3, or the additional pulsed ground output if available on your model. NOTE: If the program switch is operated again, the circuit will recycle through the program mode. In other words, press 1 time to access the lock function, 2 times to access the unlock function, 3 times to access the start function. When programming is complete, simply turn off the ignition switch to exit the program mode.
ERASING TRANSMITTERS IF THEY HAVE BEEN LOST OR STOLEN: NOTE: Before you begin to erase the lost or stolen transmitter(s), have all transmitters available that you wish to remain programmed. These will be used during the program process to identify transmitters that will continue to be used.
Enter the transmitter program mode:
1. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position.
2. Within 10 seconds, press and release the valet/program switch three times. (Siren emits 1 short chirp indicating channel 1 has been entered)
3. Within 10 Seconds, press and hold the ARM or ARM/DISARM but-ton of the first transmitter you wish to remain stored into the control unit until a single chirp is heard from the siren.(Repeat this for each transmitter you wish to remain stored in the control unit).The receiver stores up to four transmitters. To be certain all transmitter slots in the receiver are occupied with transmitters you wish to continue to use, and all others are erased, you will have to fill all four receiver slots. If in step 3 you identified one transmitter, you will have to fill the additional 3 slots. If in step 3 you identified two transmitters, you will have to fill the additional two slots, etc...
4. Press and hold any unused button or combination of buttons until a long chirp is heard from the siren. Release and press the button or button combination again and again until all remaining slots are full. NOTE: The button or combination of buttons entered will also control the armor arm/disarm function until additional transmitters are added. All unwanted transmitters are now deleted.
Posted on Jun 09, 2009
SOURCE: Viper 5701 remote programming
1st you need to enter the remote into progamming Hold the Function button until the remote gives a long beep and LED light comes on the remote a (it takes about 8 sec.) Then press and hold the remote start buttom until the remote beeps 3 times and LED lights up. Now your ready to program the remote
One of the door has to be open . Insert the key - turn the key to the On position then press the button on the antenna once and then press it again and hold it
You hear a chirp and then you press the lock button on the remote and then you hear a second chirp to recieve confirmation and then release the button and the turn off the key .
Remote should be program
Posted on Jul 12, 2009
first you will need to locate your valet switch/button, which will be a black push button located somewhere under the driver side dash.
Open a Door,
Turn your key to ON position,
within 5 seconds of turning your key to the ON spot,
press and release the program button 1 time, then press it a 2nd time and hold it this time
the L.E.D will flash one time and then you will hear a chirp,
while still holding the valet switch, press the lock button on your new remote. you should hear a single chirp.
After chirp you can release the program button and turn the key to off.
you should hear a long chirp when the alarm exits the programming
try the remote
if the remote functions don't work properly, you can always try a different # pattern.
ex: press 2 times and hold on the 3rd, press 3 times and hold on the 4th.
Posted on Aug 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 16, 2014 | Audiovox Prestige Code Alarm Remote Alarm...
Aug 02, 2013 | X10 KR32A Smart Security Keyfob Remote
Feb 16, 2013 | 2000 Isuzu Trooper
the remote s faulty then key fob will not get programmed.
the key in ignition. Turn the key to on position, and cycle the key three times
off-on-off-on-off-on. Then with the key fob remote select your remote and then
try to operate the vehicle with remote.
are just the basic procedure, but sometimes it will not help.
that case dealer is the only option.
are few much related troubleshooting links mentioned below for remote key fob reprogramming.
I suggest you to go through the list and click the link below to go through its
details and procedure: -------
details will help.
Nov 28, 2012 | Peugeot Cars & Trucks
----------After getting car washed, check engine light is ON and key less entry not working, tried reprogramming. Also car shows fuel pressure? http://schematicsdiagram.blogspot.com/2011/12/after-getting-car-washedcheck-engine.html
-----------Audi A8 Key Fob Programming?
Oldsmobile Aurora Key Fob Reprogramming?
Buick Lesabre Key Fob Reprogramming?
Keyfob remote not working on 2003 Ford E350 Econoline?
KeyFob will open the doors but not start on BMW?
Mitsubishi Car Key Not getting detected after replacing ECM http://repairhelpcenter.blogspot.com/2012/11/mitsubishi-car-key-not-getting-detected.html
----------- Key Fob will not lock and unlock doors?
2000 Jeep Cherokee Limited: KeyFob Remote Not Working? http://schematicsdiagram.blogspot.in/2012/06/2000-jeep-cherokee-limited-keyfob.html
----------- Chevrolet Malibu: Key Stuck in ON position? http://technoanswers.blogspot.in/2012/04/chevrolet-malibukey-stuck-in-on.html
----------- Theft indicator not letting car to start?
2012 Dodge Ram: Ignition Key will not release? http://whoisbyme.blogspot.in/2012/07/2012-dodge-ram-ignition-key-will-not.html
These details will help.Thanks.
Nov 23, 2012 | 2006 Toyota Tacoma
Jun 28, 2011 | Ford Vehicle Parts & Accessories
Aug 28, 2009 | 1996 Nissan Pathfinder
Jun 07, 2009 | 2003 Jaguar X-Type
Jun 02, 2009 | 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt
Dec 03, 2017 | Viper Vehicle Parts & Accessories
99 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!