- Remove all games from the Nintendo DS Lite.
- Turn the system on by pressing the POWER switch.
- Press the A Button when the "Touch the Touch Screen to continue"
- When the main menu appears, use the Control Pad to to place the
cursor over the Settings Menu Panel at the bottom of the screen,
and press the A Button.
- Use the Control Pad to place the cursor over the orange icon that
looks like crosshairs (the right-most icon), and press the A Button.
- Use the stylus, and tap the red square that appears on the screen.
Do this each time the square moves.
- You must touch the red square precisely at each of the three
positions, otherwise the test will continue to re-start.
- If the above steps did not help,
there is a problem with the system and it will need to be repaired.
Click here for
- When complete, four squares will appear, allowing users to test
the touch screen sensitivity. (Testing is optional.) Tap the "Confirm"
button in the lower-right corner.
- Wait for the the confirmation message to disappear, then tap "Quit,"
then "Yes" to exit. The unit will shut down automatically
to save the settings.