Question about Kenmore Ovens
Saying door is locked when the door is not locked.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
if you open the lid on your stove,you will probably be able to reset the
switch manually (the latch).with the lid up its located toward the front
behind the safety latch.(by no means attempt to force,bypass,or disable this
switch)this is a safety feature designed to protect you from the high temps
generated by the cleaning cycle.hope this helps.thanx for using fix-ya
Try this, and let me know if it worked, I am trying to help someone else with the same problem, that stove is Model, 790
Posted on Mar 07, 2009
During the cleaning cycle, there was a temp sensor malfunction that may have damaged the temp sensor. this is a common occurrence with this model. this is refereed to as a runaway temperature code. the sensor lost control of the cleaning cycle and it got to hot. the temp sensor is fried and it will need to be replaced.
Posted on May 22, 2009
HI, this is a door lock switch failuer code. you will need to check the door lock mechanism for faults. check the wiring harness for lose fit and corrosion at the contact point. if the wires are in good condition and, the door lock mech is functional, replace the oven control board.
Posted on Jul 19, 2009
F90 Maximum oven door unlock time exceeded.
F91 Maximum oven door unlock attempts exceeded.
F92 Maximum oven door open time exceeded.
F93 Maximum oven door lock time exceeded.
F94 Maximum oven door lock attempts exceeded.
1. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Check the wiring between EOC & Lock Motor Micro Switch.
2. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Replace the Motor Door Latch assembly if necessary.
3. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Check for binding of the Latch Cam, Lock Motor Rod & Lock Motor Cam.
4. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Check to see if Lock Motor Coil is open. If open, replace Lock Motor Assembly.
5. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Lock Motor continuously runs - if Micro Switch is open, replace Lock Motor Assembly.
6. (F92, 93 & 94) Check oven door Light Switch - if open, replace Switch.
7. If all situations above do not solve problem, replace EOC.
F90 is a door lock code, Try this...
unplug the range.
wait 1 minute.
turn the range back on,
then while holding in on the oven door.
start another self clean.
wait 2 minutes.
then cancel the self clean.
do not release the door until the door lock light goes out.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question@#$%
Posted on Oct 01, 2010
SOURCE: I Have A self cleaning
There is a bad connection on the door lock to the sensor that detects whether the door is closed. Usually this means the door lock is broken, repairclinic.com will have a replacement if you find that this is the case. Let me know what you find.
Posted on Nov 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 03, 2016 | Kenmore Ovens
Oct 25, 2012 | Ovens
Error Code E90 typically means that you have a faulty motor door latch, lock motor assembly, door light switch or a defective EOC. You would need this to be diagnosed by a professional technician in order to properly repair the wall oven.
Sep 25, 2012 | Frigidaire 30" Built-In Single Electric...
Jun 12, 2012 | Ovens
If lock motor runs:
1. Test continuity of wiring between EOC and lock switch on lock motor assy. Repair if needed.
2. Advance motor until cam depresses the plunger on lock motor switch. Test continuity of switch contacts. If
switch is open replace lock motor assy.
3. If motor runs and switch contacts and wiring harness test good, replace the EOC.
If lock motor does not run:
1. Test continuity of lock motor windings. Replace lock motor assembly if windings are open.
2. Test lock motor operation by using a test cord to apply voltage. If motor does not operate replace lock motor
3. If motor runs with test cord check continuity of wire harness to lock motor terminals. If harness is good replace
Door lock motor or latch
AS YOU SEE THE F93 CODE REFERES TO THE DOOR LATCH MOTOR
Jul 19, 2011 | Kenmore Ovens
Feb 16, 2010 | Frigidaire 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Jul 19, 2009 | Ovens
Jul 07, 2009 | Frigidaire 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
May 22, 2009 | Stoves Ovens
57 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: